Jack Bruce

Almost made me gag to see Ginger still smoking in his state. Suppose it wouldn't really help if he stopped now though, maybe add a few weeks to his life. Can't believe that I was a heavy smoker till about ten years ago.Only dabbled with other stuff though and never tempted to go down the road that JB did. Any of you guys on here ever chased the dragon?

no i never went down that road Wolf..which is hard to believe seeing as JB would have been one of my role models :)...then again i never choked to death on me own vomit like another "role model" Jimi H..........role models lmao....what a lot of old nonsense...sorry just referring to another thread where some people believe footballers are role models...my arse:p

I posted an interview up on another thread re Ginger .where he chainsmoked the whole time..mind you the drummer interviewing him did to

a few years ago..when Ginger appeared in the Cream DVD things and shows he was always funny and interesting to listen to..over the last 5 years he has completely changed into a very bitter man..its a real shame...very funny man back in the day

Last edited:
I thought he was very big in the polo world and had a healthy lifestyle. What went wrong? Never tried any of the heavy stuff but have a terrible curiosity to know what it's like. However, given that I tend to find excuses to use codeine even after a bout of toothache has passed I very much doubt that I could try something once and then stop.Then again, there's nothing more addictive than nicotine imo and I kicked that I suppose.

Last edited:
I thought he was very big in the polo world and had a healthy lifestyle. What went wrong? Never tried any of the heavy stuff but have a terrible curiosity to kniw what it's like. However, given that I tend to find excuses to use codeine even after a bout of toothache has passed I very much doubt that I could try something once and then stop.Then again, theirs nothing more addictive than nicotine imo and I kicked that I suppose.

i think he had to sell up and move back to the UK..polo ponies and everything sold..a bit sad really..he was one of my heroes when i were younger..again..i've not roll model myself on him;)

Last edited:
Thinking that it's right to note the passing in the last 24 hours of another excellent bassist -- Andy Fraser, who pulled all those great baselines that unpinned Free's bluesrock.
Started out his professional playing career with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers ........... at age 15. :)

R.I.P., AF.

Back