Jamie Spencer?

And he is now big enough to acknowledge his mistakes while she continues to be a spitefull bitch refusing to do interviews that her job requires her to do. Jeez Hamm I'd expect you to see the interview for what it is.

Last edited:
Have you been drinking? I don't want to know it. I read the article expecting to read about Spencer the jockey, and maybe some light hearted stuff about his interests outside racing. I thought it excruciating to read about his love life the way it was written, and said so. I really don't understand your problem ...

I obviously picked it up that you found the whole article to be poor and the infidelity was the interesting bit. Obviously I got that wrong. Who cares about his love life, whether he hates women or not, or the rest of it. He's improved a lot as a jockey recently. He admits he got the Ballydoyle job too early, which is why I've said in the past that none of the young bloods in racing today should be exposed to it. I found it a decent read until it got to that question, which could have been dealt with in two or three paragraphs and not half the article.

Last edited:
I'll take 1/100 that after the next Group 1 winner he rides one of the usual bandwagon pundits come nut with a quote about Jamie the person having natured and therefore improving his riding. I'll be getting sick into a bucket and Jamie will be patting himself on the back for doing the interview.

There is a person under the helmet you know Hamm. I found the article gave a deep insight to Spencer's deep seeded hatred of women. Had Lee had delvead deeper I bet we would have found a harsh sister or mother is behind it all.

I have met one of his sisters a few times - anything but harsh - serious horsewoman too!!

Last edited:
:lol:

That's fine. Surely I am entitled to say I find it cringeworthy to read he won't open up to his friends but will to Lee Mottershed?!!
That is what makes Lee Mottershead one of the Racing Post's great journalist and a future contender (along with Steve Dennis and Peter Thomas) for the Brough Scott award of Journalist of the Year.

That is what makes Lee Mottershead one of the Racing Post's great journalist and a future contender (along with Steve Dennis and Peter Thomas) for the Brough Scott award of Journalist of the Year.

It's such a shame the Sportsman couldn't stay in operation, isn't it? I'd happily buy it everyday.

Some competition to the RP would be great - too many wooly articles, I don't mind the odd feature on a Sunday but there's so many of them.

Not enough analysis of the big races, previews etc. and often a Mottershead feature on how the sun shone and the daffodil's looked amazing.

There are some good RP features and additions in recent years - most notably the RP TV addition to the website which does previews, reviews etc. and a lot of the football writers (Mark Langdon, Kevin Pullein and co) clearly know what they're talking about so why don't we get the same for racing?

It's such a shame the Sportsman couldn't stay in operation, isn't it? I'd happily buy it everyday.

I totally agree, the RP is embarrassing at times. There's an article this morning about Matt Williams saying how easy it is to get bets on nowadays.... :confused::lol:

The fact they employ Matt Williams says it all. The fact he considers himself shrewd is quite funny when you think about it..

Lee Mottershead annoys me on a regular basis on tv and in print.He strikes me as someone who is indulged by his editor.
I read the Spencer article in a hurry but my interpretation of it was that Spencer would like to get back with Emma.

He's awful. He reminds me of a betting shop mug punter, has little opinion of his own and just seems to be not the most switched on.

The Sportsman was absolute bilge .

The shame was the Sporting Life was swallowed by the RP.

Did you buy if often?

Excellent well thought out tipping (more interested in reading the reasoning than backing their tips), great analysis and the Rowley file was good. Very well written.

Just like Jamie, I suppose.

:lol:

In fairness Hayley would be an animal in bed. I'm be fair game to give her a go but it would be like putting Joesph O'Brien up on St Nicholas Abbey in the King George. She would have no idea what I was doing on top of her. Too much flapping...

I think the Sportsman had a couple of decent articles, but the layout of its racecards, its statistics and its betting odds really turned me off.

It always felt like a paper that was "cheaper" than the Racing Post.

Just my opinion.

The Sportsman was absolute bilge .

The shame was the Sporting Life was swallowed by the RP.

My interpretation of the situation was that the Racing Post title and premises remained but effectively it was a Sporting Life takoever of the key positions.

Back