Jan Moir on Stephen Gateley

Vile, I was stood in a newsagents this morning & the star had stuff plastered accross its front pages about three in a bed stuff

Its the day of funeral FFS

Never done anything to harm anyone, did a lot for the local community/charity & thats how you get treat

Disgusting

Sorry end of rant!

It's a bit like the assertions of those clueless arseholes that the mighty Drever died through ignorance. Some people are so stupid and so bitter at the success of others that it's frightening.

But the sad truth of the matter is that the die hard Mail readership will be sat their nodding their heads thinking she's right and wondering why no-one else is saying it.

Is this Moir bint on drugs? What a vicious, rumour-mongering cow. I suppose the Gateley family, when they've recovered enough from the shock of losing a young son (whether famous, gay, infamous or straight is irrelevant to them) and actually buried him, might want to eye up employing a lawyer to sue the Mail on several counts. On the other hand, it would give the Mail the attention that any old tabloid craves these days, especially with newspaper revenues falling all round.

Let's not forget that it was the Mail which supported Fascism and Hitler's excellent ideas for society. We shouldn't be surprised that homophobia still reigns in its offices. No doubt their only disappointment is that that nice Mr Hitler didn't take over the Western world, and send them all to the gas chambers, instead of just the few thousands he managed to have murdered.

Is it not just a typical case of a paper never refusing ink. If I had read the article I doubt I would have been offened. I think the need to be PC is taken too far at times. If the Daily Mail have an agenda than let them off you have a choice to buy the paper or not.

There's being UNPC and there's being homophobic and bigoted. She was well into the latter category.

Gearoid, that sort of thinking plays beautifully into the hands of all bigots, everywhere. It's not a question of not buying a paper, or not listening to a mad mullah, or turning off a broadcast which calls for the killing of plastic surgeons, or ignoring any extreme, hostile view. If we took your argument to its not-very logical conclusion, we would have let Herr Hitler rule the world - hey, just don't listen to the man, he's entitled to his opinion, blah, blah. From your past posts about getting into schoolgirls' knickers, I'll make a wild assumption that you're not homosexual - naturally, you wouldn't feel offended by the article. It's very easy not to be offended by what doesn't apply to you personally - the deal for a better society, though, is to think just a leetle bit further than self-interest.

The mail was stirring for the sake of stirring it. The same way I post for the sake of posting in the hope you will put me over your knee....

21,000 complaints recieved about the mail article, the PCC says its the highest number of complaints it has recieved about a single article in its history

Let's not forget that it was the Mail which supported Fascism and Hitler's excellent ideas for society. We shouldn't be surprised that homophobia still reigns in its offices. No doubt their only disappointment is that that nice Mr Hitler didn't take over the Western world, and send them all to the gas chambers, instead of just the few thousands he managed to have murdered.

Without wishing to read, let alone endorse, the article, if we were all to be held accountable for the every member and leader in entire history of our nation of birth in the way the journalists of this rag are about those who ran it in the past, we'd all be fecked by association too.

21000 complaint? More like 20000 people clicked on an email link. I doubt that many people read the article. The same people who complained are the same people who voted for The Wolfe Tones for song of the century and Ronnie O Brien as best Juventus summer signing.

Back