Jebel Ali Stables & Racecourse EBF Maiden

It has been noticeable that all the Bolger horses are running pretty poorly over the last couple of weekends.

In what way could the purchase of Pacific Pride be labelled a sucess? For 100,000 gns, a solitary handicap win from a 20 lb lower mark than when he got him is hardly a great return is it.

5 seperated by 1l at the death, my first incling would be the fav has run below par rather than met 4 nice ones, given 3 of them were very weak in the betting.

I like the way the Oxx horse stayed on for minimal handling from Kinane and think the Ballydoyle horse looked a nice sort who will improve for another furlong.

Be hard pressed to think we've seen any stars though.

Indian Ocean, Black Bear Island and now Sea The Stars have all come out and won impressively. I await Freemantle's return with interest.

A cracking maiden, you couldn't ask for better.

By the way, has the third Ballydoyle colt from this race, Indian Ocean, been injured as the only entry he holds apart from the early closing Derbies, is the Irish Champion Stakes in September?

At First Sight
Beethoven
Behtarini
Black Quartz (FR)
Bobbyscot
Crying Time
Fighting Brave (US
Footprint
Hawa Bali
Indus Valley
Jarayaan (GB)
Lake Worth (USA)
Light Years Ahead
Mujaazef (GB)
Reiteration (USA)
Sacred Sovereign
Senior (GB)
Seventh Star
Silent Dancer
Tj's Joy
Todd's Forge
Top Spin
Viscount Nelson
Walter De La Mare

Thanks Gareth - keep trying to find out what the American's have done with Plan since he moved over there.

As far as I know he has run a couple of times in a couple of allowances but not cut much ice. They were over a mile (or a little over) so it is no surprise to see him struggle as he looked in need of 10 furlongs when over here. Last ran 31st May at Belmont.

Black Quartz
Fighting Brave
Footprint
Indus Valley
Mujaazef
Reiteration
Sacred Sovereign
Senior
Seventh Star
Silent Dancer
Todds Forge
Top Spin

I think it unlikely we had any future superstars or even future stars on show today.

Bolger's second looked the one to take out of this race.

You are probably right, but conditions are unlikely to show them in their best light. I think the winner was doing very little in front and would back him to confirm form with the Bolger horse....a yard that does not leave much to work with on their first outing.

However the big talking horse is the John Oxx trained Sea The Stars. Reported to be a big, strong type and a colt with lots of ability. He is by Cape Cross out of Urban Sea....a half brother to Galileo.

What ever happened to that one?

Back