Jockeyship

In reply to Aidans question about Thomas Ryan.He's a really hardworking young lad from Galway.He's around 20 or so and he rides out for Michael O'Brien every morning (anyone who can do that deserves a medal!).

Really don't get why people are all slagging off Carl Llewellyn,I think he's a great jockey,at 39 he could ride half the other lads into the ground.In fairness how many bad jockeys have won 2 Grand Nationals and 7 Cheltenham winners.

Also,I don't think anybody should give out about the way Joe Tizzard rides either.In my opinion he's up there with the rest of the older lads and he's only 24.He started off with so much pressure so young and he's never once let it go to his head.For anyone to be brave enough to come back to riding after being told only a short while ago that he might never walk again is amazing in itslef but to then come back and ride so well with over 30 winners this season is even better.

It's obvious that Ruby,Richard and the rest of them are top class,we all know that.It's the lesser known ones that need peoples attention and support.

Sorry for preaching,but it really winds me up!

Well it is the truth!

The younger lads should aspire to be like him in every way.He's one of the last few old style jump jockeys who are as famous for the social life as for their riding!!

fudge, if GB was given the rides his ability deserves he'd be up there with the best. Frankie excepted, I've yet to see anyone who can settle a horse better than him. He even manages it on most of the 66/1 rags he's riding.

I'm not getting carried away on the back of a big priced GB winner here. Regulars on the forum will confirm I first voiced this opinion when he was a 7lb claimer.

Good to see George Baker over in Deauville with the top men like Frankie instead of back in the UK with the wee diddie jockeys like Moore and Spencer.

......eeeuuuuurrrrrggggggghhhhh.....

That'd be for S O'Hara, rider of Obe One at Redcar (17:10), then?
I didn't watch it, but listened to WHill radio -- an ex-jockey very impressed with his ability to go from first to second.
Mind you, I think anyone betting on Mr Alan Berry's charges needs his head examining; I have an appointment for tomorrow.
:)

Back