Johnny Murtagh/Aga Khan

I wonder is Colm O'Donoughue in the frame for the Aga job, he has had a lot less rides for Ballydoyle recently than Seamie Heffernan. Over the weekend it was one ride for Colm and seven for Seamie.

And one of the more unusual bookings for an Aga horse. Why would you put O'Donoghue up if you have no intention of having him on board in the future. Surely McCullagh and Curtis can do the job. I see Curtis only had one ride on Saturday. How many group winners has O'Donoghue ridden compared to McDonagh?

And one of the more unusual bookings for an Aga horse. Why would you put O'Donoghue up if you have no intention of having him on board in the future. Surely McCullagh and Curtis can do the job. I see Curtis only had one ride on Saturday. How many group winners has O'Donoghue ridden compared to McDonagh?

McDonogh is the best jockey by a mile of the four you mentioned. Curtis and McCullagh are hopeless in comparison.

McDonogh would surely jump at the job; limited ammo at KP and KP 80 this year. Nice 2yo at Leop Sat but one horse would hardly keep him there.

You're spot on. The 2yo that was second in the opener Monaco Mist is a tool too.

Colm rode his first winner ever for APOB on Irish Champion Day 1997 and his first Group1 for AP in the National Stks a few years later. Very hard to see him leaving Ballydoyle. Interesting that Seamie said after winning Oaks that he didnt care who he won classic races for as long as they won ( maybe in jest ).
With the new wealth taxes announced if France there may well be a Gallic invasion of jockeys to Eire. How is Mr Oxx's parlez en francais anyone ?

Can only hope it's true. Would be miles better than any of the Irish alternatives

I assume on the basis that Joseph's weight cannot be controlled much longer . Shame if so as the boy has really come of age this year and is much improved .

I assume on the basis that Joseph's weight cannot be controlled much longer . Shame if so as the boy has really come of age this year and is much improved .

I actually don't think that's true, unless you lazily define "coming of age" as meaning "winning big races in England".

Back