Juddmonte International

probably one of the best demonstrations that pushing a stick in ground doesn't really tell you much..they walked track with stick before racing..quite happy to run then

but the stick suggested it was ok afterwards..until the 2yo broke the track record... proving bit of wood shoved in ground is a pointless excercise

Last edited:
Having walked the course this morning, I disagree but course walking is very subjective!

i just don't think a human can push hard enough on a stick to tell him anything. I always wondered why trainers don't have a makeshift going stick made for them...it wouldn't take a lot of doing..and when you think we talking a multi million pound industry..i think i'd get summat sorted. You could move it about in a golf type caddie

it just makes me laugh a bit that trainers are using thinking from the 1800's to test something that is probably the most important factor in their job

with such a tool..he could have withdrawn KH this morning..instead it makes him look like he is a bit of an amateur not actually having a very good idea of the going before they even race.

I'd expect my trainer to know the ground..i would even pay for the going stick to be made..can't be that hard to construct some weight dropping device like the one the COC use

after the first race anyone that did his homework would have known the ground was riding at least 25lb faster than Good..even as a thick northerner who is nowhere near the course I knew that..so why wait another 30 minutes to withdraw..its poor in an industry like this not to be able to calculate that on the fly and make a decision.

Last edited:
commentator ..is it Holty...slightly over egging Australia.."a good horse becomes a great horse"...no..he is still a good horse

he's beaten a 119 horse a couple of lengths..on ratings should have beat him a bit further

Last edited:
Embarrassing commentary by Holt. On pure ability I'd take Kingman over Australia any day of the week. A bit of a way to go yet to be truly great.

oh no AOB is on now...i'll have to pull an old pizza out from under the cushion and have me dinner.

listen..this is one of the all time greats..is it bollo*

thank f..its done...its come dine with me or summat on now..probably make more sense than that waffle

Last edited:
I've warmed to Australia a lot more than yaks like Camelot & St Nicholas Abbey but he still ain't winning no Arcs. Irish Champion followed by UK Champion imo.

Disappointed really, Australia beat not much at all, not all that easily.
A proper pace might have helped a lot, but Coolmore regularly balls up in that department.

The Grey Gatsby was a silly price indeed and thanks for the nice ew price 16s Ladbrokes .

As for the race Australia was impressive . I do wish Ballydoyle would stop all this spin and bollocks you would think Peter Mandelson was doing their PR - just ready for a racecourse gallop my arse he may not have been trained with no regard for future targets but he was clearly perfectly fit .

Joseph then saying 1m to 1m 2f is his best trip - 1m 2f may be but if 1mile is his best trip run him against Kingman. :rolleyes:

Mukhadram clearly below par - to the well once too often after very hard races in POWS, Eclipse and KG .

TGG could be a horse for the Breeders Cup Turf .

Joseph then saying 1m to 1m 2f is his best trip - 1m 2f may be but if 1mile is his best trip run him against Kingman. :rolleyes:
might not be his best trip but his guineas run was as impressive as any race he's won this season. finished upsides kingman after being in the less favourable group. also didn't have the benefit of a prep race.

it won't happen but it'd be great if they ran him in the queen anne with a pacemaker or two to ensure an end to end gallop. i'd still be on the side of kingman but it'd be a fascinating test for him.

i'm not convinced yet oz is a 130+ horse but have to admire his versaitilty. put in top performances between 8 and 12f this season. great breeding profile obviously.

Never in doubt.

Certainly growing a soft spot for The Grey Gatsby. Hope he stays in training next year.

Still a handicapper or was that a taking enough performance?

Whatever. He still shouldn't have been that short and long term I'll oppose hype animals like that and come out ahead.

And the Juddmonte left a bad taste. Why do Ballydoyle need to run a pacemaker when there is a clear front runner in the field. Obviously to try and spoil a rival's chance

Last edited:
Back