Juddmonte International

might not be his best trip but his guineas run was as impressive as any race he's won this season. finished upsides kingman after being in the less favourable group. also didn't have the benefit of a prep race.

it won't happen but it'd be great if they ran him in the queen anne with a pacemaker or two to ensure an end to end gallop. i'd still be on the side of kingman but it'd be a fascinating test for him.

i'm not convinced yet oz is a 130+ horse but have to admire his versaitilty. put in top performances between 8 and 12f this season. great breeding profile obviously.

That would be somthing to savour, sadly no chance of it happening

I take it you mean the qe11 on champions day

think the irish champion and the qipco champion stakes is the more logical route and that's the way they will go depending on the ground.

as both those races could take place on soft ground

The 3 year old crop is certainly very talented this year.
Better to see a decent pacemaker than a muddling race with no pace like last Sunday.
Mukhadram certainly went to the well once too often here.

on that subject what about Kool Kompany tomorrow?
Naas June 1 Listed Race
Royal Ascot Coventry Stakes
Railway Stakes at Curragh
Prix Robert Papin at MF France
Phoenix Stakes at Curragh
Sales Race at York August 21.
An admirable horse to whom I wish all the best.

I was a little underwhelmed by the performance, RP report says O'Brien took a pull down the straight? :blink: They are really bigging him up as well.

Kingman is the best 3yo IMO and will murder Australia over a mile if they met again but they won't. Australia definitely being teed up for Irish Champion/Champion; the O'Briens are steering the stud propaganda that way. The BC Classic may be a consideration but I doubt it.

Back