Juddmonte International

Miesque

At the Start
So as predicted the rain will soften the ground enough to divert Gleneagles to the Juddmonte and a clash with Golden Horn. The conundrum....he carries 8-12. Who rides?

Don't give two shits, he won't win. TGG is a monster price for this. Ascot and a slow pace at Sandown completely against him, he loves this track and Intilaak and Time Test trading shorter is completely ridiculous. Don't forget Taghrooda last year either, shorties (Frankel aside) are always worth taking on at York.

Hope we get decent ground so they turn up.

Shame Free Eagle and New Bay won't be turning up either.

Good that they will let Gleneagles take his chance. Have serious doubts about him getting the trip. It would be nice to see him cruising at the 1 pole.
Time Test is the one I'm really looking forward to seeing take on the fav.

TGG is clearly the one for e/w backers. 12/1 looks big.

any particular reason why free eagle not in this and why weld keeps saying the autumn targets are key for him? seems weird. he's not a soft ground horse especially.

think 10f at york will be too far for gleneagles. be interesting to see the tactics adopted by frankie.

Time Test is starting to become the hype horse of this season. A lot has been made of his speed figure at Ascot..which in the context of a G3..after sectional mark up...was very good...but not a serious G1 time..122...but still has a few lbs to be near Golden Horn in that particular department

after the time element..look at the bare form of that Ascot win..109 Peacock in 2nd + 104 mustadeem in 3rd. That makes TT a 116 horse + ease of win...so my timefigure of 122 looks about right..thats 7/8lb off what GH is capable of.

10s still looks fair.

Apparently it was a rush getting Free Eagle to Ascot and he finished very tired. Thinks 4 races may be too far. Could be this may take a bit more winning.

10s still looks fair.

Apparently it was a rush getting Free Eagle to Ascot and he finished very tired. Thinks 4 races may be too far. Could be this may take a bit more winning.

Best bet in the Juddmonte could be to place lay Gleneagles if my logic stands up.

He's certain to be held up and that could be his downfall in this type of contest.

Time Test looks to have a more responsive engine to suddenly quickening than Gleneagles and he could be the one Golden Horn has to beat.

The Great Gatsby's only chance is to go earlier than usual and I think he will which could catch Gleneagles combined with a lack of stamina out wheras it will see the race fall into the laps of GH and TT. Realistically is the GH V TGG weight difference going to change anything? not a cat in hell's chance IMO, he is simply not good enough to be winning this..........I.m pretty sure Golden Horn has most to fear from Time Test.....stuff what times and the form book suggest he's a right horse and could really shake Golden Horn up.
1. Golden Horn

2. Time Test.

3. The Greay Gatsby.

Anything else you need to know feel free to call me :lol:

The Great Gatsby's only chance is to go earlier than usual and I think he will which could catch Gleneagles combined with a lack of stamina out wheras it will see the race fall into the laps of GH and TT. Realistically is the GH V TGG weight difference going to change anything? not a cat in hell's chance IMO, he is simply not good enough to be winning this..........I.m pretty sure Golden Horn has most to fear from Time Test.....stuff what times and the form book suggest he's a right horse and could really shake Golden Horn up.
1. Golden Horn

2. Time Test.

3. The Greay Gatsby.

Anything else you need to know feel free to call me :lol:

Nay, Fist.
TGG's a sharper horse since the blinds were fitted and Jamie made his move much too soon in the Eclipse, giving GH all the time in the world to respond. It'll be a different story round this quicker track, and TGG looks a million not to make first 3.

Aughex
Card and weights are on all the major sites? Wfa is 8lbs.

Sharp enough to remain beaten all season you mean LOL

I seem to remember Golden Horn looking like he loved every minute of it round York when winning the Dante round here. How on earth do you reach the conclusion TGG likes the course?

Why would the course put Golden Horn at any sort of disadvantage when the Grey Gatsby only visit to the course ended it defeat by a horse who wouldn't have blown wind up Golden Horn's backside.

All evidence would suggest TGG has gone backwards since he last ran at York when he was meeting Australia at levels..............now you expect he can give this much superior animal 8lbs and beat him

Sorry that simply doesn't make any sense to me

Go sit in the corner with Euronymous.....class dismissed :lol:

You shouldn't be factoring in the wfa, this brings horses together, it's not an advantage. Notnowcato beat a far superior animal in the Eclipse because the conditions suited him better than Authorized, and he gave that Derby winner 11lbs.

EDIT: And TGG has been to York more than once, he also won the Dante.

Last edited:
Golden Horn camp have stumped up the £75,000 to run a pacemaker. Taking no chances with Gleneagles.

You shouldn't be factoring in the wfa, this brings horses together, it's not an advantage. Notnowcato beat a far superior animal in the Eclipse because the conditions suited him better than Authorized, and he gave that Derby winner 11lbs.

EDIT: And TGG has been to York more than once, he also won the Dante.

Older horses do have a good record in this but Golden Horn just looks a better horse than any of the older division this time round.

I think the acid test came against TGG last time out and he passed with flying colours.

He did take a bit longer to get going or so it seemed but you can never be sure with Frankie tbh I though he was taking the ****, making a bit of a meal of it.

I think he is a far superior animal and Golden Horn has absolutely nothing to fear from him.

I am aware TGG won the Dante and his York score read 2 defeats one win.

I just feel he's had his day in the sun and we've seen the best of him

year after year people having more and more problems with the understanding of the weight for age scale
this is a group 1 race at level weights

golden horn iis the best horse and thats not because he getting weight from older horses.

back to the race
great edition, golden horn wins.

year after year people having more and more problems with the understanding of the weight for age scale
this is a group 1 race at level weights

I'm on a group on Facebook that is sort of Cheltenham based but does have flat racing stuff discussed and everytime this sort of race comes up the weights are mentioned. It's infuriating.

curious what WFA Timeform uses this time of year, shouldn't be more than 2-3 lbs difference between their scale and BHA's

Back