Juddmonte International

Bet connections are regretting withdrawing GH from the K.George now... What a gutsy win from the filly... I've backed her a few times this year at some big odds, but I couldn't see her get with 5 lengths of the front today... typical...

As I mentioned earlier in the thread Dettori just not good enough anymore in a finish he's a disadvantage.

I don't see how Frankie can be blamed in any way at all there and he was strong enough in a finish on him at Sandown.

Wasn't the horses day, that's all, and well done to connections of the winner.

I don't see how Frankie can be blamed in any way at all there and he was strong enough in a finish on him at Sandown.

Watch it again, not the usual 'beat the c*** 'cos I have to to make it get there, whip ban, shim ban, I don't care as long as it's more me time in front of the cameras' .
For half of that last furlong he was only waving the whip at him, he really thought he was going to get past her.

Watch it again, not the usual 'beat the c*** 'cos I have to to make it get there, whip ban, shim ban, I don't care as long as it's more me time in front of the cameras' .
For half of that last furlong he was only waving the whip at him, he really thought he was going to get past her.

I like this HEARTBREAK CITY at the foot of the weights. Backed very strongly in Ireland the last time. And Frannie is booked. I know Frannie usually is riding the class horse at the top. Is there anything in that? Or do you see Makin as a better choice? Good luck today all

7/1 winner.. Great result

He was on the best horse by far at Sandown had an under form TGG to beat. Like I said I've watched him all season and haven't seen him come out on top in one tight finish. It's easy when you are on gimmes but no good when you're not.

Very well done no doubt about that
We just have to wait for the inevitable change of colours for the winner now.

THe story here is surely Ellsworth though. Always handled a good horse extremely well imo and great to see him get such a group one at this stage of his career

What a fascinating race. I remember going to all three days of the Ebor back in 1990 when Terimon won the Juddmonte and the rain had hit the track before meeting and it seemed every front runner won that year. I did have TGG each way ante-post so not complaining but the tactics were awful on him again and I think he's been campaigned poorly also. Remember Raven's Pass vs Henry.... the Gosden horse never got his nose in front until he was aloud to lead the Guineas winner. Same today, Frank should have been sat behind the pace maker like the filly was. Ultimately both GH and TGG are mile and a half horses who were totally undone by the pace.

The next time Gleneagles runs he should be clad in yellow. Overall I think Ballydoyle/Coolmore are a massive positive for the sport but not running him today was poor form

Alan lee stated in the times earlier this that there were strong rumours about strong differences between obrien and the owners over the running of him

Can't see the tactics were wrong on TGG; Jamie sat off the pace because he'd been outstayed when taking on GH in the Eclipse, but the horse just couldn't quicken on today's ground. Neither could GH, but they replicated the distance between them at Sandown. One thing's clear though, GH is not the superstar so many made him.
Can't fault Coolmore for not running Gleneagles either: they either bottomed him over the wrong ground and distance, or rode him as a non-tryer as they did with RVW in similar circumstances behind Cape Blanco in the 2010 Irish Champion. Can't see they've ever been frightened to take on top horses in the past, either.

Last edited:
That wouldn't have bottomed him, it wasn't Chepstow heavy.

TGG would have been better off with someone who is used to having top quality 12f horses.

Alan lee stated in the times earlier this that there were strong rumours about strong differences between obrien and the owners over the running of him

On the Sunday forum he gave the strong impression that he knew the inside story.Rumour has it that Mrs APOB has some very strong opinions which aren't appreciated by the big boss.

On the Sunday forum he gave the strong impression that he knew the inside story.Rumour has it that Mrs APOB has some very strong opinions which aren't appreciated by the big boss.

he always writes well and doesn't really do tittle tattle so it's probably true

Back