Jumps Season Previews, Stable Visits, Horses To Follow 2016/2017

As honorary part-owner* of Cue Card I was invited to today’s Tizzard owners day to see most of the stable paraded. The highlights:

1. Grand Vision to be qualified and aimed at the Foxhunters
2. Theatre Guide's had a wind op. Could be better than ever and will be aimed at all the big staying chases this year
3. Valhalla is their most exciting novice hurdler
4. Quiz Master currently the no 1 bumper horse
5. And Royal Vacation the novice chaser to follow - what he was bought for
6. Cue Card was in early this year and looks better than ever. Will start at Wetherby and will then definitely win the King George again*
7. Native River could start off at the Hennessy
8. Thistlecrack likely to start in a novice chase at Chepstow. They were supposedly on the phone asking what they need to do to get him to run there and the answer was double the prize money, which they have nearly done (£30k from £20k)
9. I'm no judge, but Mister Malarky was the one who caught my idea - a real hand full!

*this might not be true...

Some photos:

The Tizzards
attachment.php

Cue Card
attachment.php

Native River
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3070.JPG
    IMG_3070.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3078.JPG
    IMG_3078.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3080.JPG
    IMG_3080.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3080.JPG
    IMG_3080.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3086.jpg
    IMG_3086.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Thistlecrack

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some of the bumper horses

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    871.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    876.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3069.jpg
    IMG_3069.jpg
    988.2 KB · Views: 104
From RP

HERE might be a cloud hanging over Don Cossack at Gordon Elliott’s stable but that has not stopped the trainer describing his team for the season as the best he has ever had. Heading the star-studded squad is last season’s Cheltenham Gold Cup hero, although whether he can return to the fray after injury remains in the balance.
“He has six weeks of road work under his belt and Ciaran Murphy and Dot Love have done a lot of work with him,” reported Elliott.
“His scans have been very good and we hope to have him back cantering within three or four weeks. If all goes well we should have him ready to rock in time to give him one run before the Gold Cup. I don’t know where that would be, but maybe something like the Kinloch Brae at Thurles could be on the agenda again.
“Whatever happens, he owes us nothing and we’ll do right by the horse. If he isn’t back to himself he’ll get a happy retirement at Gigginstown.”
Exciting novice chasers
Elliott revealed his biggest headache at the yard, although one he was happy to have, was separating his novice chasers.
He said: “Diamond King is very exciting. He wouldn’t be in love with real heavy winter ground so we’re going to aim him at the Drinmore Novice Chase at Fairyhouse before giving him a winter break and then we’ll have him ready for the JLT at Cheltenham.
“We have Prince Of Scars for staying novice chases, and Lieutenant Colonel, who is a new addition to the yard and a dual Grade 1 winner. Free Expression is still a novice but could have the option of handicaps, and Sutton Place is really exciting as well.
Tycoon Prince is another horse we’ve always thought a lot of. He’s a massive horse but not slow. We think he’s built for fences and he has a very big engine.”

In case anyone doesn't have the time to watch all the PFN videos, I will transcribe them for you

'he is a lovely big stamp of a horse like a lot of mine'

'he is a big baby really and is one for next year when he will make a lovely chaser'

'this one has chaser written all over him'

'not sure how I got this one beat but he has summered well and will jump a fence'

In case anyone doesn't have the time to watch all the PFN videos, I will transcribe them for you

'he is a lovely big stamp of a horse like a lot of mine'

'he is a big baby really and is one for next year when he will make a lovely chaser'

'this one has chaser written all over him'

'not sure how I got this one beat but he has summered well and will jump a fence'

Haha, probably a virtue of having a lot of youngsters in his ranks at the moment.

Probably just as arduous as Mullins telling us Faugheen is going for the Champion or Vautour is to be aimed at staying chases. Hopefully all punters who care have learn their lesson from last year and wait for the decs.

Was in jest. I like how PFN campaigns his horses and his general gruffness

His openness is much appreciated too

a few of his that I will be keeping an eye on

Capitaine

Cash Again

Copaine De Classe

Le Perezien

Nicholls had a fair number of good bumper horses last season. That's not something I've been accustomed to seeing with him so it'll be interesting to see how they fare.

Nicholls had a fair number of good bumper horses last season. That's not something I've been accustomed to seeing with him so it'll be interesting to see how they fare.
heard early last season (Kevin Blake?) that Nicholls and his owners were really opening the cheque book in France and that was proved late on in the spring bumpers. There was one that really caught my eye in April or early or May. Will dig the name out later and add to the tracker

heard early last season (Kevin Blake?) that Nicholls and his owners were really opening the cheque book in France and that was proved late on in the spring bumpers. There was one that really caught my eye in April or early or May. Will dig the name out later and add to the tracker
Couldn't wait until later :)
Granger has already beaten me to it, but the horse was Capitaine...

Some of the PN younger horses for this season

[TABLE="width: 145"]
<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>[TR]
[TD]Touch Kick[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Copain De Classe[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Winning Try[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bugsie Malone[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Winning Try[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bugsie Malone[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Brahms De Clermont[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Capitaine[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Clo Sacre[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Clan Des Obeaux[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Coastal Tiep
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marracudja[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Presumably thought so much of Copain De Classe that they cloned it a couple of times.:whistle: He finished about 4l in front of one of mine in France and cost in excess of £100k more. At last year's open day, PFN introduced him by saying that French horses seemed to need a long time to settle in and we probably wouldn't see him out until the new year. Turned him out on desperate ground in November where he duly fell when legless.

Peace And Co has had a wind op this Summer and may be aimed at one of the bigger handicap hurdles according to RP

Seems that Roger Brookhouse has taken his horses out of Ditcheat. He spent a fair whack on a couple of P2P's so interesting to see where they end up.

Back