Kauto Star RIP

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Deserves a thread of his own

Kauto Star has been put down after sustaining a complex fracture to the left side of his pelvis as the result of a fall

RIP fella. Thanks for all the memories [emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The classiest staying chaser since I started watching racing. In fact he was one of the very best over 2 miles as well. He gave us all so many great memories. What a horse, and it almost feels like losing a member of the family.

Very sad news.

He was teak tough as well as classy, something he didn't always get credit for I think, ran some very courageous races.

His 2011 Betfair chase win stands out in my mind.

Leaves us with some great memories.

I used to do the times for the jumps and was the quickest and best jumper I've seen by a mile,different gravy in my lifetime..

"Laura phoned me a minute before the Press release, although I understand, the accident happened nearly a week ago." Paul Nicholls on SSNHQ

Best horse I've ever seen. Such sad news. Thoughts go out to connections, especially Clive Smith who is understandably devastated.

The veterinary report, as published in the RP, makes for sickening reading. Methinks we haven't heard the end of this by a long chalk.

Sad to see this thread..

This is why..when we get really good horses..we should relish their careers...KS was a once in a lifetime jumps horse..stuff of legend really. That Betfair Chase will always be very special because it was thought to be not possible..KS did what was not possible even with all the miles he had on the clock by then. So many happy memories just from one horse.

Back