Kauto Star.

So sad to be so bitter at such a young age .

For what it is worth I thought they went a good clip but was disappointed with how KS travelled considering how sublimely he travelled in the TC last year over 2 miles .

On paper however it is a good effort and no doubt the Betfair will tell us loads more

probably get shot for this

KS reminded my of a good jumping Beef Or Salmon, same run style...they seemed to be doing it too fast for him..flat spot...and over the last 3 jumps it was exactly like BOS..taking an age to get there..like it was slow motion.

didn't look like a horse with 2 mile speed...looked more like a 4 mile horse that needed every inch of the race.

lack of fitness in every horse in the race hasn't helped..it looked just a bit...well slow.

How about being sly, Ardross? Fancy slagging me off where I can respond to you in future? Not only that, do not ever use my real name, least of not on a public, open forum to which I cannot respond, especially when you are sticking the knife in.

Now, what can you teach us all about bitterness? :D

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Oct 29 2007, 11:00 PM
How about being sly, Ardross? Fancy slagging me off where I can respond to you in future? Not only that, do not ever use my real name, least of not on a public, open forum to which I cannot respond, especially when you are sticking the knife in.

Now, what can you teach us all about bitterness? :D
Can't you ?

Perhaps you could ask your good friends akiyda or Le Moss to respond for you ??? :D :P

Isn't it time that you just got over the end of your relationship with PDJ and got on with your life - I am sure that you are able to do that in real life - why not in cyber life ? It would probably make you much happier.

For example - stopping contributing regularly to racing forums is something I am really pleased I have done .

No worries Gareth - I just want it on the record and in public that I want all private details, as just revealed by Ardross, deleted. I want no details of my professional life discussed on here and would not stoop so low as to post what he has just posted.

As for the relationship comment :laughing:

I want no details of my professional life discussed on here and would not stoop so low as to post what he has just posted.

I've removed that comment.

As per the Ts and Cs:

[..] inappropriate material may not be posted, including (but not limited to): [..] Posting information that may invade the personal privacy of any other person

Back to the topic, please...

Just as it was getting interesting as well;

damn

Also I must say Ardross threw in a major lie,

he refered to Shadow as young, Thats called make up :+)

Sorry Gareth. I had no idea that was private info. SL did not hesitate to tell us about her previous employment. I assumed it was common knowledge .

I am just sorry she feels it necessary to be so acid to so many people .

:(

For public record I have not revealed who I work[ed] for at any time and certainly have not freely posted about it. That has always been done by others, I do believe it was one of my pals LordH or Relks who originally told the world who I previously worked for and would mention it sporadically.

For example - stopping contributing regularly to racing forums is something I am really pleased I have done .

Me too :D

Seriously though, and not meaning to get stuck into this dispute, but you've started your own forum. You are clearly happy there. Can you not just go back to it? [Even though I completely acknowledge you weren't the one to bring it up]

From the RP written by Steve M

IT may not have been achieved in the style with which we are familiar, but in terms of his Racing Post Rating, the 182 earned by Kauto Star at Aintree on Sunday was within 2lb of his very best.

It was also superior to the figures he earned in winning both last season's King George VI Chase and Gold Cup.

With the committed front-runner Ashley Brook setting a sound gallop, the race was set up to produce big figures and with Monet's Garden (169) running to the level of his Mellling Chase win, Kauto Star posted afigure within 2lb of his astounding Betfair Chase triumph.

To put that performance into some sort of historical perspective, only Desert Orchid and Carvill's Hill have recorded higher RPRs in handicap company in the last 20 years.

The fall of Ashley Brook robbed the race of a key player and the fact that it happened too early to draw any sensible conclusions will lead some to question the validity of the form.

On the other side of the coin, the fact that the winning time was significantly quicker than the novice chase won by Tidal Bay suggests the form is solid enough.

As a time performance Kauto Star was worth a speed figure some four stone superior to Tidal Bay and, while making sense of race times at Aintree is never that easy, a ten-second difference between winning times of races run over the same course and distance only an hour apart is significant in my book.

In terms of Racing Post Ratings it's unlikely that, with the exception of Kauto Star himself, any horse will better that figure all season.

Like everyone else I was surprised to see a horse who displayed such a high cruising speed last season come under pressure so early on Sunday but I was perhaps even more surprised by how much he found when asked.

KAUTO STAR'S PERFORMANCES

Aintree Oct 2006 176
Haydock Nov 2006 184
Sandown Dec 2006 179
Kempton Dec 2006 180
Newbury Feb 2007 174
Cheltenham Mar 2007 175
Aintree Oct 2007 182

>>KAUTO STAR is a surprise name among a record 86 entries for the 51st Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup at Newbury on December

Can anyone point me to the Hennessy entries please? - thanks in advance :D

[comment moved to new topic]

The entries for the Hennessy are out on mid Nov.

About the Aintree race
Very mixed feelings:
Monets ,possibly not fully fit.
Exotic Dancer mostly than sure not fully fit and probably a non stayer.
AshleyBrook could have won and needs a change of jockey.
Kauto Star, dont know what to do with him,not impressed in the jumping departament, and surprised to see him not travelling better being a 2 times tingle creek winner, on paper the form looks good but not so ideal to have a hard race so early in the season.

Back