Kerry Nash

Grasshopper

Senior Jockey
As unfathomable a race to me as it always is. Heavy ground plus a desperate record in the event, compels me to look beyond bare form, and instead rattle the rune-stones.

I reckon Colour Squadron could deliver the ultimate "Fu*ck you", by going in unconsidered at around 16/1, and have backed the jibbing, larcenous, bast*ard to do so.

The new Jumps season is also heralded-in by the return to the track of the most exciting young Chaser in France - Kotkikova - who goes in a Grade 3 at the only racecourse in Paris that matters.

#thequickening

Last edited:
Or will it be Cantlow down to a dangerous and winnable mark! A few pennies at 20\1!

Only another 174 days to Cheltenham.......Let the countdown begin!

Cantlow is a coward and a thief. A black-hole for currency, trained by an utter rear-end of a trainer.

Mind you, I was telling anyone who would listen that O. Sherwood was equally inept, and kept it up all the way until Many Clouds jumped Valentines second-time-round.

Last edited:
Oh dear, it's that time of year again when horses like Usuel Smurfer and Owega Star will probably go out and win a race at a huge price when I haven't backed them.

Kotkikova should win comfortably Grassy taking on horses she's already beaten at least once and those that don't look good enough.

Worth keeping an eye on the first two races (divisions of the colts Finot) as normally hot races and plenty of those in behind are likely to end up in the UK - Calipto, L'Ami Serge, Saphir De Rheu, Polisky and Cedre Bleu have all been beaten in it in recent years while going back further Sanctuaire and Son Amix ran in the race (only looked at the first five home) and Irish Saint won the 2012 running of the race.

Alan Potts has Chantilly flat winner Syndromos (by Muhthatir) in the opening division for Jehan Bertran de Balanda.

Martin

Very hard to win any National carrying 11st or more when it's heavy. Giggis love this kind of race and I'll row in with Ravished and Rogue Angel who should both go in the ground.

Owega Star not much of a price now and Usuel Smurfer out. Think I'll go with Horendous Hulabalu.

Congrats archie. Sounded like an exciting race. Lots of last minute money going on the horse who came second.

Really exciting edition for sure.
Great for Mouse after losing his son so tragically a few months ago.
Grey was in company with Barry Connell at john B Keane's pub last night so was expecting two winners; alas the bumper did not go his way.
David Casey did the necessary on Long Dog; wishing him all the best for the future. A great judge of pace and a fine fellow.
Funnily enough there was a generation of Irish punters pre Ruby era that believed WPM " broke what punters were in the country by trying to make a jockey of D Casey !"

David would be from my part of the world-I think the highlight of his career was beating McCoy fair and square in a driving finish to the William Hill Hurdle on Tingle Creek day when McCoy was on Rodock and DJ on Copeland if I remember correctly.

Rule Supreme had some engine-if his jumping had been better he could have been an absolute superstar.
When he ran in the 3 mile hurdle at Aintree it was the worst losing position I ever had on a horse pre race-at the time I had the tv and computer in different rooms -when I saw 1000 showing just after the race started I was seriously relieved.

Back