Kerry Nash

If Viva Steve gets beat I've lost the plot!

Either this, or I get a reprieve. ;)

Last edited:
Going through the trends, I'd say the top 5 qualifiers are:
Potters Point
Kilkarry Bridge
Viva Steve
Bay Of Freedom
Arkwrisht

Potters Point meets most of the criteria and the main concern would be that he was withdrawn from a race earlier in the season due to unsuitably soft going.
Bay Of Freedom also ticks most of the boxes but there has to be a question mark over whether Sexton can do the weight.

Potters Point
Kilkarry Bridge
Viva Steve
Bay Of Freedom
Arkwrisht

Potters Point meets most of the criteria and the main concern would be that he was withdrawn from a race earlier in the season due to unsuitably soft going.
Bay Of Freedom also ticks most of the boxes but there has to be a question mark over whether Sexton can do the weight.

Interesting this. Nice if some of the jump fans get active to post their opinions.

My first three are 1. Viva Steve. 2.Shanpallas.3. Bay Of Freedom

R.forecast and tricast job

Last edited:
Not in the Kerry Nash but Alto Esqua of Charles Byrnes runs in the beginners chase today - he struck me as one that has a bit of talent last season - given who his connections are who knows what they have lined up for him but he was bought with chasing in mind

Love it.

Never put in the race, and had no option but to win. Handicap mark (yard surely trying to keep this one quiet) won't be affected after this. Jumped great, and fair bit of promise.

Maybe my luck is finally changing - thanks, PJ!

Last edited:

Kevin can do 9:13 (just) - he's lost a lot of weight recently as when he came back in July he was at 11 stone. I'lll be posting a blog later but, for now, we saw Bay of Freedom at the stables this morning and he has never looked better or brighter. You never know quite what to expect from him but, for this evening at least, I am very excited.

Love it.

Never put in the race, and had no option but to win. Handicap mark (yard surely trying to keep this one quiet) won't be affected after this. Jumped great, and fair bit of promise.

Maybe my luck is finally changing - thanks, PJ!

Good horse this - Will win a big race (probably a nice handicap)

Good luck to anyone who got involved

Last edited:
Kevin can do 9:13 (just) - he's lost a lot of weight recently as when he came back in July he was at 11 stone. I'lll be posting a blog later but, for now, we saw Bay of Freedom at the stables this morning and he has never looked better or brighter. You never know quite what to expect from him but, for this evening at least, I am very excited.

See you there pd !
Hoping for a great show

11st 3lb isn't ideal but not insurmountable so I reckon A Toi Phil is going to be extremely hard to beat.

Not many in the field have ideal conditions (ground and distance) but he does and I love having Bruno on board. Have availed of the 8s. 5 places as I reckon he's near nailed on to at least place.

Last edited:
I have to say, I think our very-own pdleech has a major chance with Bay Of Freedom. One of the very few that has winning form on heavy ground (and a course winner over fences), he should be well-suited by conditions, which will be against many today. There's perhaps a slight question-mark about stamina, but the owner sounds upbeat, which is good enough for me.

Best of luck today, pdleech!

Last edited:
Thanks for your good wishes everyone. On our way and the nerves are kicking in We're going to enjoy every minute - this is a dream for us whatever happens.

A toi Phil for me. Managed to get 15/2

Best of luck with Bay of Freedom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ran a blinder, well done to all concerned.

Thought Kevin had him in front plenty soon enough mind you.

Well done, Paul. To my naked eye I thought they went a fair gallop, given ground conditions. I think four progressive horses have filled the first four places. I look forward to seeing how they do later this season. This includes Viva Steve who looked an eye catching fourth. Looks decent form, but we'll have to see how it pans out.

Last edited:
Potters Point
Kilkarry Bridge
Viva Steve
Bay Of Freedom
Arkwrisht

:cool:

Well done, Paul. It must have been a great feeling as you led them into the straight. Much as I felt with Airlie in the Galway Hurdle. Now you can relax and have a few beers.

Last edited:
Back