King George 2009

Just like you'll pass an opinion when you want to, I'd like to be able to pass an opinion without insultingly being told I'm "going native" and being ridiculed. You can either have it both ways or you can shove your theories where the sun don't shine - your choice.

i think the person doing the ridiculing is you SL...you might have a low opinion about people's methods..but they have helped me many times and are based on logical thinking not just being told how to think.

You don't seem to like certain people being criticised within racing but aren't shy of criticising others you don't appear to like..which to me is fine..but it isn't always balanced really.

Anyway..I don't want to fall out over this..as we are not going to agree

I just don't like what is being done to the game..simple as that

With regard to the late interference, I watched the video a couple of times this morning.

I agree that Moore had his whip in the correct hand and Conduit edged towards it. Moore stopped using it and Conduit straightened up, then when Moore used it again the horse edged towards it again but all the while he was responding to it and finding more. Tartan Bearer was slightly checked. Ask wasn't affected.

On real-time play the interference looked minimal. The rails-level head-on view made it look slightly worse but still not serious. There was one higher almost head-on view that made it look worse again. It maybe cost TB up to half a length. I'd like to see stricter rules in this country but I couldn't see any grounds for taking the race off Conduit. Looking at it a third time, I think Conduit had more in hand than it looked.

It's not easy to come up with an accurate time rating for the race.

The only other race that day on the round course was a 3yo h'cap over c&d. If that was true run then Conduit comes out on a time rating of 126. I had a form rating of 125+ for Conduit. The going allowance on the first figure is set at -0.18spf.

Assuming the valuable 7f h'cap on the straight course is reliable (they went off fast, teeing the race up for those held up in rear) it puts the allowance on the straight course at -0.14spf. It also makes the Princess Magt winner Lady Of The Desert very smart (97 before wfa).

Back