King George V1 Chase Kempton Thurs 26 Dec 2019

LIT reported to have made a noise (flipped his soft palate which would be more noticeable in soft ground) and will have wind surgery

Interesting about Lostintranslation's wind problem from yesterday, but he was never travelling, and it was visible very early on in the race that he wasn't at home for some reason.

I thought Footpad was going to figure in the finish but he just doesn't have the stamina for 3 miles and I don't think there is much tenacity there for a battle if 'plan A' doesn't work.

Can't really have Clan Des Obeaux for any other big race for me, clearly suited by Kempton and the prep he has had. I imagine Ascot left a lot on Cyrname as it seems to have done for Altior.

Yes I think you are right about the Ascot race. Remember how absolutely knackered Altior looked afterwards?

As I said earlier LIT wouldn’t be a horse for me that is suited by the way the KG is invariably run. But throw the soft palate problem in and he’s going to be having confidence issues thinking he can’t breathe and that will affect his jumping.

Benefit of hindsight and the only horse proven to stay won. Add in the fact he was the reigning champ and 11/2 was a mad price. I think there were some withdrawals at 48 hours where trainers will have regretted their decision.

Back