Land Rover sale

AHONOORA is a pretty good influence for speed, Rory but I would readily agree that he wasn't a particularly dominant sire. However, in the horse we're discussing here, he is on both sides of the pedigree and you could argue that maybe speed might be a fairly big influence.

I like DEFINITE ARTICLE as a NH sire - he's producing some classy types. Nothing wrong with a speed influence in a NH pedigree as long as there's plenty of stamina there too and the physique of the horse is stout enough to cope with the job being asked of him (can't tell from Cantoris' new buy from that photo either way).

ABSALOM certainly didn't stop ABSALOM'S LADY from being a NH star and there are more examples of sprinter sires producing decent NH winners without doubt, so as Kri notes above, pretty much anything can happen!

Incidentally, talking of practical experience, when we bred SONGSHEET to KYLLACHY, we doubled up on one of the best influences for speed, SONG, in recent decades... and we got a 1m6f plodder...... :lol:

I agree with Songsheet - and whilst there's nothing wrong with Definite Article at all, I'd like to see a stout damside in terms of stamina if buying one for NH. Ahoonoora on both sides, and so close, would worry me greatly. It looked like the dam didn't get home over trips either, the only time she troubled the judge was a 3rd over 10f - all attempts at further were unsuccessful. Mind you if he does stay he should have a decent turn of foot!

It looked like the dam didn't get home over trips either, the only time she troubled the judge was a 3rd over 10f - all attempts at further were unsuccessful.

I presumed it was the heavy ground which didn't suit as she was 3rd on better ground. But maybe she didn't train on or get the trip over further. Who knows. Funnily enough, she acheived a higher rating on the flat that Megans Joy's dam who is a full sister.

As I said to my father, if you want to find something in a pedigree or with a horse, you will. If you don't, you tend not to find it. But I would say that as my head is on the line if he's useless!!

I presumed it was the heavy ground which didn't suit as she was 3rd on better ground. But maybe she didn't train on or get the trip over further. Who knows. Funnily enough, she acheived a higher rating on the flat that Megans Joy's dam who is a full sister.

As I said to my father, if you want to find something in a pedigree or with a horse, you will. If you don't, you tend not to find it. But I would say that as my head is on the line if he's useless!!
She made her handicap debut on the flat over 14f, so I doubt that she showed much speed to connections.

Was down to see our other horses in Wexford yesterday and called into see the Definite Article on the way bakc. The attached photo is a bit better than the one on the goffs website.

Attachments

• Definitie Artcile 13 June 2009.jpg
    Definitie Artcile 13 June 2009.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 17
"Definitie Artcile" - you sure he's not backstamped 'Made in Taiwan', Cantoris?!

Yes, a better photo than Goffs, which shows him still quite undefined behind, but for NH, he's still just a babby. Sturdy frame (this second photo makes him look a bit chubsy, which'll go soon enough in work) and should make up into a strong, tough runner for you. Very best of luck with him, Cantoris - let's hope all goes well.

Back