Leopardstown Day 3

Big Bucks should be 1/4 for World Hurdle....there is really zero to get close. If VDV doesnt get up the duff it she could be the only mare to get close to Quevega

Davey Russell is bordering on being a very stupid man if he couldn't get this selection right. Someone should choose for him in future.

Having heard Davy at a few festival previews he is obsessed with Grade 1 winning form when it comes to novice chasers.

Voler La Vedette was 5 3/4 lengths behind Quevega when they met in the Mares Hurdle of 2010, cracking performance today but I struggle to see the result being any different should they meet again in March.

Depends on how you view the form of Mourad also. Quevega beat him by 1.25l at Punchestown last season, VLV beat him by 4.75 today

I would be of the impression that VLV is a much better mare this year

I would say the gap is very small over 2m4, and there may be value in VlvV for Cheltenham.

Depends on how you view the form of Mourad also. Quevega beat him by 1.25l at Punchestown last season, VLV beat him by 4.75 today

I would be of the impression that VLV is a much better mare this year
She's undoubtedly come back better than ever this season (she was behind Quevega and Mourad at Punchestown in May) but 2 1/2m at Cheltenham on good ground will be a very different test to what she's faced so far and given her previous efforts against Quevega would connections not be tempted to have a crack at the World Hurdle - which with the exception of Big Bucks looks a very weak afair?

Voler La Vedette was 5 3/4 lengths behind Quevega when they met in the Mares Hurdle of 2010, cracking performance today but I struggle to see the result being any different should they meet again in March.

She was also the same distance behind Mourad the last time they met over 3m, which she's turned round to some tune.
Colm Murphy said, after her last run, that she's a different mare this year. Hard to argue too, given today's romp.

Last Instalment was very impressive today - O'Leary has another serious horse and deserves it. He jumped them silly - any one got comparative times for this race and the Lexus?

Voler seems to have improved out of all recognition based on the Mourad line but are Mullins horses under a bit of a cloud though? He's getting plenty of winners but some are definitely not performing. Was racing yesterday and a couple of his didn't look good in there coats and just seemed a little dull in themselves. Voler is settling much better in her races too which is helping her.

The Lexus was run 3.1 secs slower than LI's race. No great pace in either imo, unless the hurdles course has quickened much faster than the chase since yesterday.
Re Voler La V. She´s a different mare this year, physically she´s way better and she´s easier to train. C Murphy, after the Hattons Grace.

It's been said before, don't assume VLV will go to Cheltenham. Connections could be just as happy running up a sequence in Ireland, where there is a good programme for good mares.

Back