Leopardstown Day 3

granger

Senior Jockey
I must say im surprised that Russell is on board First Lieutenant in preference to Last Instalment in the novice chase

At 7/4 and 5/2 i'd much prefer to be on Last Instalment. Think the bookies have this one priced the wrong way around.

Looks a straight shootout between Mourad and Volar La Vedette in the Woodies Hurdle.

Im with Rubi Light in the 3m chase. If he stays he wins imo.

Rubi Light for me too.

Much as I love the mare and backed her last time, I think Mourad will win tomorrow. I'm sure Ruby will want to make the most of his horse's stamina.

The ground is riding good and will be quicker again tomorrow. On that basis, I'd fancy Mourad to turn the tables on Voler. I made the point at Fairyhouse that Voler had beaten Mourad in the race last year and subsequently Mourad reversed form. I think he will do it tomorrow. The groun and trip will suit him more than her.

On First Lieutenant, he is much better on this ground than Last Instalment. I'd be surprised if FL doesn't win.

I'm torn in the first between the obvious choice, Make Your Mark, who I really liked in Punchestown (beat Our Vinnie out of sight) and Home Farm who will come on a heap for his first run ;)

I don't think Magnanimity is without a chance. He showed some good form last season and there should be some improvement still to come. The negative is that he hasn't been out yet this season. Does anyone know if there's a reason for this or was it part of the plan?

I don't think Magnanimity is without a chance. He showed some good form last season and there should be some improvement still to come. The negative is that he hasn't been out yet this season. Does anyone know if there's a reason for this or was it part of the plan?

He wasn't fully right post Cheltenham and this was the earliest they could get him right

Had a setback as far as I know Triptych. Not an ideal prep. Whatever he does tomorrow, he'll be the better for it. Like you, I think he will run well tomorrow on the better ground, and I would be looking at him as having Gold Cup place claims.

I think Dare To Doubt has a lot of improvement to come and could give Mullins a 1-2 in the stayers hurdle. I remember Mullins saying before her last race that she would come on for the run and that she'd really be better on bettter ground. She would have to have about 10lbs of improvement to finish in front of VLV, but I don't think that's beyond her.

I do think Mourad is a certainty, but will be doing the rev fc just in case.

4/5 by off touched evens worried me as i'd backed it. Very impressive I'd be interested to know if he will be aimed at Cheltenham.

4/5 by off touched evens worried me as i'd backed it. Very impressive I'd be interested to know if he will be aimed at Cheltenham.

So Young won that maiden last year and went the neptune so maybe the same. This one is almost certainly a chaser in the making so i'd say anything it does over hurdles is a bonus

So Young won that maiden last year and went the neptune so maybe the same. This one is almost certainly a chaser in the making so i'd say anything it does over hurdles is a bonus

Agreed more impressed with him than I was with So Young last year mainly as I know the 2nd was well fancied today and had some decent form.

At Limerick, yet another example of a jockey costing his horse the race by slowing him into a hurdle when he is in front - why do they try to stop the rhythm a horse has had all race? Makes no sense at all, and the horse will invariably make a mess of it.

Strong horse, as you say a chaser in the making.

At Limerick, yet another example of a jockey costing his horse the race by slowing him into a hurdle when he is in front - why do they try to stop the rhythm a horse has had all race? Makes no sense at all, and the horse will invariably make a mess of it.

They do it to steady/adjust a horse, especially if it’s not on the right stride to hopefully stop it falling. Although by changing the stride they can also miss it if not timed correctly or the horse is put in two minds as to what to do.

LI is a very classy animal. Looked like he didnt like that ground at all but was still cosy. Russell would want to start getting to know which of the gigginstowns is the best horse

Davey Russell is bordering on being a very stupid man if he couldn't get this selection right. Someone should choose for him in future.

Back