Leopardstown Feb 9

Salsify also out of the Hunter Chase on Sunday after knocking a joint in a gallop last week and also possibly the festival.

Rodger Sweeney quoted on the Sporting Life website:

"He's not running Sunday as he knocked a joint in a gallop last Tuesday. We thought we'd be able to help him get over it, but we haven't so we'll just have to keep monitoring it. He's missed his last two pieces of work and if he misses it next week then he won't be going to Cheltenham, you can't go there unless you are 100 per cent fit. So, the dream is dashed at the minute but that's horses for you."

Hennessy betting

13/8 First Lieutenant

7/2 Last Instalment

4/1 Lyreen Legend

5/1 Tidal Bay

7/1 Lord Windermere

8/1 Texas Jack

16/1 Roi Du Mee

Last edited:
Ruby rode Caid du Berlais when he was second to Jezki . Maxbet - all too likely I reckon.

Lyreen Legend to land the money. He's good enough, depends on the state Dessie Hughes has him in.

Last edited:
Lyreen Legend to land the money. He's good enough, depends on the state Dessie Hughes has him in.

Looking for a big performance out of him and Last instalment, Lyreen just got outstayed in the RSA last year, hopefully a year older he stays a bit better. Last Instal was a better novice chaser than First Lieutenant so hopefully he retains that ability.

Anyone have an opinion on Guitar Pete in the juvenile hurdle, looks over priced to me? 3 Mullins and an O'Brien horse before him in the betting.

He already beat one of the mullins horses by 8L and giving him 7 pounds, the form of the Plinth and Grozny race doesn't look great but they all could have improved significantly.

First Lieutenant's time to strike. Though that old rogue Tidal will be just starting when the rest have cried enough.

If First Loot doesn't win this weekend, I fear he could be an ageing handicapper that lands a 33/1 haymaker as an 11yo, before we see him in the Winners Enclosure again......which would be a right shame for a good, honest , yoke like him.

The Irish Giant Bolster.

Dessie Hughes full of Lyreen Legend on RTE Radio sports news this evening .
At least I hope he was having heard the end of the interview!
Put him up as his horse to follow in Racing Outlook/Weekender stable tour last week.
Hope to be there cheering him on to give my GC ante post docket REAL meaning.

As well as ground conditions suiting Nick, his trainer would appear to undercook him with Spring in mind.

Given that trainer gets way this time and is prob GC bound, would expect a good showing Sunday

4 Mullins Runners in the Betting for the Deloitte on Sunday.

Vatour 3/1, Valseur Lido 10/3, Rennetti 8/1, Arctic Fire 20/1.

Looks like Faugheen not going to run.

The Tullow Tank 13/8 Fav.

DR. P.J. MORIARTY NOVICE CHASE:

Looks like Ballycasey not going to run.

Paddy Power don't have him in the betting.

CHampagne Fever 13/8, Don Cossack 9/4, Carlingford Lough 3/1.

4 Mullins Runners in the Betting for the Deloitte on Sunday.

Vatour 3/1, Valseur Lido 10/3, Rennetti 8/1, Arctic Fire 20/1.

Looks like Faugheen not going to run.

The Tullow Tank 13/8 Fav.

I really shouldn't, but I am going to fu*cking pile into Vautour at that price. TTT is a staying-chaser in the making, and admirable as he is, I have to oppose even over 2m2f. He has to prove vulnerable at some point.

Last edited:
Champagne Fever/Vautour double is the way forward this weekend. I'd be extremely confident of collecting!

Back