Leopardstown Feb 9

Gris ranger le vin, Rhoi Grey ymaith y gwin, Gris guardó el vino, Grau steckte den Wein, Grey a pus deoparte vinul, Gri wete tout diven an, Grey გაიტანა ღვინო, Grey გაიტანა ღვინო, สีเทานำไปไวน์, גריי שטעלן אַוועק די ווייַן

Gris ranger le vin, Rhoi Grey ymaith y gwin, Gris guardó el vino, Grau steckte den Wein, Grey a pus deoparte vinul, Gri wete tout diven an, Grey გაიტანა ღვინო, Grey გაიტანა ღვინო, สีเทานำไปไวน์, גריי שטעלן אַוועק די ווייַן

Belgian lager has beaten you Grey

This LORD WINDERMERE seems a forgotten horse 12/1 looks a meaty price for an RSA winner when you compare 5/1 about the talking horse LYREEN LEGEND who he beat in the RSA lets not forget.

My reasoning is that in the lexus he was always at the back and had to go round the houses all the way round and when the sprint for home came his running was done with him travelling the longer distance, I envisage a much better showing this time and I do think he looks good value.

Well Calamity Jim suggested his horses were wrong at the time but he needs to show very considerable improvement and First Lieutenant looks very solid indeed to me . This will be the day for us to find out exactly how much ability Last Instalment retains and Lyreen Legend always seems to be promising to achieve more than he has .

FL for me and the danger is Tidal Bay - his Welsh National run was extraordinary and with tomorrow's jockey on I suspect he would have won that race.

Last year's staying novices were shite. First Loot and Tidal Bay could pick this lot up and carry them.

Quite why Roi Du Mee is such a big outer, is a bit surprising to me. I'd have him a lot closer to LW - Lyreen Legend is far too short.

Roi Du Mee is much better right handed, that's the reason I suspect.

I agree about last years novices however Lyreen was first time out in the Lexus so should get closer to First Loo. It would be good to see Last Instal run a good race was a better novice than First Loo

Cooper choosing FL over LI had a fair swing in the betting Market too. They were much closer in the betting 2 days ago. There's definitely a 'Cooper effect' now after his brave call on Trifolium over Mozoltov.

I wonder, Does Cooper really know best? Is he that good a judge. DR always found it a tough task before him, as did AP at times over the years. I'm wondering is it more a case of Cooper just playing it safe in the early days and sticking to what he knows. Cooper has lots of previous with FL. (as he did with Trifolium).

As stated above, LI was a better novice. If he has come on a bit from the previous run surely he has to be a big price.....

Don Cossack will be my biggest bet of the year tomorrow.I would have made him favourite if he ran in the Hennessy -I think he is an absolute machine and he will be too good for the Mullins horse with Carlingford Lough a distant third

Purely a personal opinion but I would view Carlingford Lough as a second season novice with plenty of runs under his belt -I will be very surprised if DC doesn't beat him with plenty to spare.

Lexus day is something I always look forward to. Today's race looks as competitive as ever.

First Lft. looks like going off fav but with only one win in 14 outings many will want to oppose him. The Bob's Worth form looks very good but so did his form when second to a few other top notchers when failing to cash in on it.

His sidekick Last Installment was very much on my short list as a future Gold Cup winner before being injured. He'll be a lot straighter today than last time but with the future in mind I reckon there will still be a few cobwebs to be got rid off before we see him back to his best

I saw something in Tidal bay many failed to before he won the Bet365 chase so obviously I am a big fan. Ruby is such a master at judging the pace in these events he is bound to be right there at the finish and I think he'll take this.

Not too original but Tiday Bay for me.

Even less original is Ivan Grozny. If he doesn't beat plinth and the rest today I'll east my own ass............Biggest certainty of the meeting Ivan Grozny

First Lft. looks like going off fav but with only one win in 14 outings many will want to oppose him. The Bob's Worth form looks very good but so did his form when second to a few other top notchers when failing to cash in on it.

A lot of FL's defeats can be excused simply because Mouse gets him ready for specific targets each year. And with the Gold Cup a tough ask given Bob's Worths presence I expect this is his main target aside from the Aintree race he won last season. I think he's worth a go at 5/2

Help me out here Tanlic. You obviously fancy IG strongly and the betting Market has him strong fav too. I don't understand it. Obviously I'm missing something. Plinth beat IG at Leopardstoen 5 weeks ago. Same course, same weight and almost the same going. From Listening to Ruby on ATR this morning, he notably stated that he wanted the skies to open for Tidal Bay but NOT for Ivan Grozny. So to me that suggests that heavier ground would not suit IG. It's not a positive anyway.

I know IG came out and won since very impressively. That was at Naas which is an undulating track. Leopardstown is flat.

That is my reading of the race.

Why is IG such a strong Fav?

Help me out here Tanlic. You obviously fancy IG strongly and the betting Market has him strong fav too. I don't understand it. Obviously I'm missing something. Plinth beat IG at Leopardstoen 5 weeks ago. Same course, same weight and almost the same going. From Listening to Ruby on ATR this morning, he notably stated that he wanted the skies to open for Tidal Bay but NOT for Ivan Grozny. So to me that suggests that heavier ground would not suit IG. It's not a positive anyway.

I know IG came out and won since very impressively. That was at Naas which is an undulating track. Leopardstown is flat.

That is my reading of the race.

Why is IG such a strong Fav?

Two reasons, Handful.

Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh.

Fair enough grasshopper. Fairly cut and dry!

I just thought Plinth beat him fair and square the last day.

As I said above there is obviously something I'm not seeing!
Is there word from Stable? Has IG improved. Was he wrong the last day? I'd just love some reasoning to understand the market prices.

Fair enough grasshopper. Fairly cut and dry!

I just thought Plinth beat him fair and square the last day.

As I said above there is obviously something I'm not seeing!
Is there word from Stable? Has IG improved. Was he wrong the last day? I'd just love some reasoning to understand the market prices.

Market appears to have taken the view that IG improved again on his last run.

I am happy to oppose with Plinth. His young trainer looks like he could be quite handy with hurdlers.

Last edited:
Market appears to have taken the view that IG improved again on his last run.

I am happy to oppose with Plinth. His young trainer looks like he could be quite handy with hurdlers.

Yeah the trainer might know a thing or 2 about a top class 2 mile hurdle prospect!

Plinth, Vatour & Don Cossack in the big 3 for me.

Hoping Vatuour will be just too qiuck & too slick for ttt.

The Don is a Beast!

Back