Leopardstown Sunday

The final race on the card is a 1m2f maiden which nearly always throws up a useful colt. I think Rockhampton will win this, lovely debut last year only to disappoint here on his second run. Reported to have done well over the winter he should be hard to beat.

Horse has done as well as any other in the yard over the winter..really nice prospect.

The Bolger filly did it well but talk of Guineas for her is talked down by their belief that Cuis Ghaire is much much superior.

Smart performance by Recharge and as much as Bolger is right to be happy with the runner up - the winner , so beautifully bred too, is not to be underestimated I reckon.

Smart performance by Recharge and as much as Bolger is right to be happy with the runner up - the winner , so beautifully bred too, is not to be underestimated I reckon.

First time I saw Intense Focus in the flesh today....he really is a pony of a horse. Not one to progress as the season goes on I wouldnt have thought.

Today's result makes me want to see Sea The Stars in the Guineas.

Last edited:

He got a dunt in the straight too,a big horse he could be anything.Seathestars the one to beat in the Guineas and two live prospects for Cape Cross.

In the 1000 Guineas trial Heart shaped and smart coco where my eye catchers in the paddock. Heart shaped is built like a sprinter. Smart Coco is a beautiful scopey filly and I think she might have won it if Lordan had reacted quicker to get through the gap before Manning.

Three Rocks was as easy a winner as you'll see of a top handicap, loads in hand and gave them a headstart too.

Well done, Gal, and most of you, your thoughts about today's racing turned out to be pretty accurate.

I remember remarking mid season last year that Intense Focus was unlikely to figure in the autumn, never mind as a 3-y-old. I was very surprised to see him win the Dewhurst, and I reckon it may have been a dud edition.

Certainly wouldn't fancy Intense Focus to reverse placings with Recharge, who should prove better suited by a stronger gallop. Intense Focus shapes like a sprinter to me.

Decided to get some fresh air yesterday afternoon and went racing. Tommy Stacks in the opener stayed on well. Had a look at it in the paddock, being by Sadlers Wells out of Tarascon. Stayed on nicely when the race was over and ran into a place. She was blowing a bit after which suggests she may not have been wound up for it.

On the whole, the fillies all looked wooly on a cold day. Chintz blew it in the parade ring and Heart Shaped was getting warm too. Luckily back Maoineach on the back of that. Intense Focus is small but I wouldn't get too excited about the winner, think that may have been his day with the owners there on mass.

That Top Rocks is a strange one. Very compact to my eye but full of power. I could see him dropping back in trip again and if he doesn't miss the break could go in again even with another 10lbs hike. I also had a look at Blue Turk in the handicap as it is owned by another syndicate business. First sign of ability and wasn't knocked about in finishing sixth or seventh. Could be one for a lower grade handicap in the next few weeks.

Intense Focus is small but I wouldn't get too excited about the winner, think that may have been his day with the owners there on mass.

He certainly did look fit as Prendergasts do at this time of the year but he looked to have scope to improve and his dam was as tough as nails. Don't discount either, could be a bit of value whereever he goes.

Roger the Stack horse out of Tarason.

First time I saw Intense Focus in the flesh today....he really is a pony of a horse. Not one to progress as the season goes on I wouldnt have thought.

Today's result makes me want to see Sea The Stars in the Guineas.

saw IF early on last season, and again in newmarket for dewhurst, and cannot believe in a 100 years that he is bolgers guineas horse. you have to give him he is gutsy, but there is nothing to him, so really one has to be suspect about the Dewhurst result. Arazan is a stunner, and would still be my fancy for Irish Guineas, but we did hear very positive noises about Recharge before (and after, certainly) yesterdays race and clearly one the Prendergast yard fancies for the irish 2000

saw IF early on last season, and again in newmarket for dewhurst, and cannot believe in a 100 years that he is bolgers guineas horse. you have to give him he is gutsy, but there is nothing to him, so really one has to be suspect about the Dewhurst result. Arazan is a stunner, and would still be my fancy for Irish Guineas, but we did hear very positive noises about Recharge before (and after, certainly) yesterdays race and clearly one the Prendergast yard fancies for the irish 2000

Just trying to catch your eye. There was a horse by Artan yesterday in the last, he was a stunner to look at.(the black monk) Ability doesn't match but he's a full to a black type horse in Germany. I know Artan sired a couple of group horses, I think from small crops. Do you have any impressions of him ?

That could be a hot race alright - probably better than something like the Feilden has been for years.

Back