Leopardstown (today)

Steinbeck is too big here - something not right - AOB knows where Wade Giles is re Fencing Master - there can't be much confidence behind S at that price

I think Wade Giles is the gimme here

Steinbeck is a decent horse, they have not done him justice... perhaps a bit too desperate to get a result with him. Hopefully they will now choose a decent race in which he has realistic chances of being competitive.

They appear to have managed SNA much more patiently. Hopefully they can get him back to the course to do himself justice when the right opportunity emerges.

...a bit off topic but I aslo see Awzaan is entered up next month. The yard (Johnston) is being tight-lipped though... perhaps the Group 2 at Doncaster.

Last edited:
Uncharacteristically, and fair dues to him for bringing it up himself, but O'Brien seems to have made a little bit of a mess with Jan Vermeer and Steinbeck this season. I'd put both away and there would be decent races to be won with the former, and possibly something decent with the latter.

I have not lost faith in Jan Vermeer bouncing back next year, but I would have doubts about Steinbeck being up to anything more than Gorup 2 level unless there really is alot more to come. I did not think he was that impressive last night.

I would fancy Jan Vermeer to win more than 1 Group 1 next year.

Agree, but nothing wrong with a Group 2 or going for the Lockinge, is there? They should be the same thing!

Back