Libano, Irian and Overdose

LBM

At the Start
I know many people might not be very familiar with these races today,but we have seen very impessive performances in Europe today.

Libano was very impresive winning the Paroli in his fourth win in a row, with Lui Rei (Frankie) only fifth, looking like a non stayer.

Irian is unbeaten in two races in Germany and he looked very good defeating a good lot with Champion juvenile Globus in fourth.

Finally Overdose won his race number 12 by 10l, with Soumi riding the freak for the first time this afternoon in Hungary.

Absolute monster, if anyone has a video for Overdose, let me know.

Can't wait for the Kings Stand to be priced up.

That's so impressive, regardless of opposition.

He just relentlessly gallops non stop as fast as he can for 7 furlongs on the bridle. If he's anything above Evens for the Temple which is his next assignment, he's a stunning bet.

Gotta be long odds-on surely.

I'm not sure, British bookmakers are notoriously wank at pricing sprints up featuring foreign runners. Depends who else runs in it I suppose. If he hacks up in that though, he'll be very short for the Kings Stand. If he got drawn against the stands rail at Ascot, it could be sensational stuff.

Be scary to see him run on firm, think a few track records could be broken over here if the great Overdose is let loose

def. really fast ground yesterday, and wonder whether he would as good on really soft? it was an amazing performance yeserday, great crowd, a parade akin to the Arc before the race, and soumillon made most out of it after, threw his whip and helmet into the crowd, great stuff.

he will be stabled with amanda perrett apparently and does come over beginning of may to stay in england for about 2 month now.

just hope he will be able to cope with the more demanding english tracks, but he surely is some sort of a freak.

fully aware though that he has to win a Group 1 yet, but suppose if you are fast your are fast, this is much more true in sprints, isnt it? as there isnt a Mozart or Oasis Dream around at mo, I start wondering too who shall beat him?

re. Irian: looked ok but one must not forget that basicly all horses in the race bar Globus had only won minor races before, and the Winterfavorit hasnt worked out well yet anyway. By Tertullian, he clearly isnt a Derby-horse (he isnt even entered) and german form notoriously hard to judge at mo, just too weak a opposition around here. That said, Schlenderhans training facilities are head and shoulder above the rest, and Jens Hirschberger a very very good trainer, AND they told us beginning of last season that they had a couple of very hopeful ones by Tertullian, so interesting to see where he goes on from now. But remember Aviso ? same connections etc. and cannot win a sausage now with B.Curley .... ;)

So what price do people reckon we will see Overdose at when he makes his appearance in the UK? Will bookies underestimate him?

What do people know of connections? Will it be hard for them to get him to GB on song? I know they got him to Longchamp on song, and as Grey says, he was the "moral" victor of the L'Abbey, but do you think he will be as affective in the UK??

I have been blown away by him, think he is the best sprinter i have ever seen....

(by the way i dont think sprints should count around a bend!!)

Italian punters didn't underestimate him last November when he won a Group 3 there - sent off at 1/2 despite giving weight to an all-aged field. Won by 10l.

I wonder if anyone would attempt to run a 'pacemaker' to try and take him on early, see how he reacts. I'm sure he could burn most anything off, but has anything even tried to take him on for the lead yet?

Italian punters didn't underestimate him last November when he won a Group 3 there - sent off at 1/2 despite giving weight to an all-aged field. Won by 10l.

I wonder if anyone would attempt to run a 'pacemaker' to try and take him on early, see how he reacts. I'm sure he could burn most anything off, but has anything even tried to take him on for the lead yet?

where are you going to find a horse to dispute the lead ?

There's plenty of horses that could keep up with him for a furlong or two if they were absolutely gunned from the gate. They'd fall in a hole soon after, of course, but it could be job done by then.

Back