Libano, Irian and Overdose

From the RP:

Overdose a doubt for Haydock after setback

HUNGARIAN wonder horse Overdose may miss the Betfred.com Temple Stakes at Haydock Park on May 23 due to a foot injury.

"He has an inflammation on his front left leg," said trainer Sandor Ribarszki. "We'll know more at the end of the week, but his run at Haydock is in doubt."

Owner Zoltan Mikoczy said that Overdose had worked well on Saturday, but on Sunday evening he was found in his box standing on only three legs.

He added on Tuesday: "We called the vet straight away and his shoe was removed. He was given an injection and medication to reduce the inflammation.

"The treatment will take one or two days to be effective and we will be in a better position then to make a decision about future running plans. We have sent the entry off to Haydock as today is the deadline for the race."

Mikoczy said the causeof the problem is still unknown, though the inflamed foot is the same one from which Overdose lost his plate during his latest spectacular victory in the Hungarian Grand Prix in Budapest last month.

In addition to the Temple Stakes at Haydock, Overdose is also entered in two races at Royal Ascot in June - the King's Stand Stakes and the Golden Jubilee for which he has been installed as favourite - and the July Cup at Newmarket.

Overdose was among 27 entries revealed for the Group 2 event along with Saturday’s impressive Palace House Stakes winner Amour Propre.

Really impressed with Irian again yesterday. I guess the plan is to run in France next time and I was wondering if the g3 on Jockey Club day is gonna be next before a possible start in the Jean Prat. They were talks of running in the French Derby alternately, although it might be a little bit premature. Very much looking forward to see him running again in better company.

Some good pictures of overdose guys

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

Last edited:
No good news about Overdose:
after an inflammation in his left leg now the right leg is affected because he
relieved the left one. Currently it is impossible to work with him ...

Apologies for all who were looking forward to seeing him, I put the hex on him by having a bet antepost. This continues an entire season of antepost NH bets which did not turn up on the day, must have done over £200. Should probably have warned you all!

what a pity the machine is not running,
lets hope he stays healthy for the rest of the season

I think he is the best horse I have seen since I follow racing.

Frankly devastating news, my first time at Ascot and the Royal Meeting and he was one of the main reasons for me going down. I hope he makes it back for the July Cup, Nunthorpe, Sprint Cup & Abbaye.

Still convinced he'll put our sprinters to shame.

A big supplementary fee for them to stump up but Ascot seem confident having offered to pay travel expenses and there's no big sprints in Asia until the Autumn. They should chance their arm with Rocket Man too.

They should try and pick up Rocket Man, he is an absolute superstar this horse. Just got beaten by a horse with twice as many starts as him last start. Plus he is only 3. But I don't think they would bother risking him.

Why not Green Birdie or Inspiration? They are world class gallopers.

So the international gallopers are Sacred Kingdom (HK), Scenic Blast (AUS) and Takeover Target (AUS). I prefer Scenic Blast over Takeover Target. He is better prepared than the old warrior.

I believe Rocket Man will now be heading to Australia for the $1 million Age Classic.

Would take Scenic Blast for the 5f race - he's a doubt for the 6f one and then Sacred Kingdom in the Golden Jubilee, looks back to his best this season and should be fresh enough if he gets over the travelling.

Both horses look like only taking in one race in the week which is good news :)

Scenic Blast won the Lightning Stakes over 5f Group 1 wfa level, then 3 weeks later won the Group 1 Newmarket Handicap over 6f. Not sure which one he will aim for, probably most likely the King Stand over the 5f and possibly the July Cup. It would make more sense if he did.

We've seen before though that the Aussie tracks aren't as stiff as the ones we have here - Takeover Target has won over 7f in Aus but doesn't seem to stay 6f here. For that reason I hope they send Scenic Blast for the shorter race.

Back