Live Earth 07/07/07

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
K

Kathy

OK, I am not convinced that anyone that wasn't recycling on Friday will be recycling any more today, or putting in an order for an electric car BUT that aside did anyone watch the concert and if so, did you enjoy it?

I though it was very well organised and some of the groups performing were absolutely excellent. I watched or taped most of it.

I particularly liked The Black Eyed Peas, Pussycat Dolls, Duran Duran, Keane, Beastie Boys and Snow Patrol. I was actually trying to compare the Pussycat Dolls with The Spice Girls and there just isn't a comparison.

Madonna was very good at the end of the show in the UK although I didn't think she was the best single act. She certainly got the crowd going though.

Farcical excuse for a series of concerts and just a chance for has-beens to ply their trade again.

Duran Duran, Madonna, Metallica, Crowded House, Dave Matthews Band, Bon Jovi, Roger Waters as the past it brigade

Not forgetting the blandness award

David Gray, James Blunt, Katie Melua, Keith Urban, Enrique Iglesias, Jack Johnson, KT Tunstall...

Dreadful.

Difference between "dreadful" and past it. Madonna has a new album out shortly...I imagine it will go straight to number one.

I am not arguing on the quality (or lack of) but last night the vast majority of the acts were popular and not "has beens".

Agreed Gal, however Madonna looked at one point like she was going to replicate Michael Jackson at the Brits a few years back with all the children. I think they could have scheduled the acts better, put the likes of the Chillis, Metallica and Foo Fighters together and keep the blander acts together so that the audience could know when to tune in in order to watch their choice of music.

Think Paul might be going a little over the top with his criticism but some of it is fair.

I didnt watch that much as I couldn't give a damn about "climate change", although just once it would be nice to read a newspaper without some mention of it

Every time I see Madonna I can't help but ponder the fact that she's older than my mother!!!!! I was working all day and didn't get home until 10pm but I watched Keane while nobody was in the shop and I saw Madonna when I came in. She didn't impress me.

It seems to be perversely "fashionable "amongst the miserable to diss things that so many other people enjoy! Personally that makes me happy! :D

Regardless of who played, I still cannot help but think that there are more environmentally friendly ways of promoting green issues than having a huge 24 hour electricity-sapping concert.

I didn't see any of the concert so can't really comment. However I am a bit dubious as to whether these 'stars' really care about the cause or just want a bit of free publicity.

Kathy, I am not miserable but I am a realist. It was a fatuous excuse for raising awareness on climate change which, when people arrived by private jet, grates on me.

The one thing about Ardross's departure is that it has really opened up the door for PDJ to step into his shoes after spending several years as the Mortimer to his Reeves, so to speak...

Step forward old boy!

People from my work went to it here in Sydney.

I echo the sentiments of others, an absolute waste of space it was. Especially when they showed pictures the next morning of the Stadium here in Sydney that was used, cluttered with rubbish, etc.

It was nothing but an excuse for people whom who care little or know nothing about the environment to see their favourite bands playing live.

Back