Lockinge Stakes

I'd imagine if both Paco Bay and RVW show up with no negative reports 10/3 would be available but the field may be a small one so its possible she could even be bigger if 7 or less take part

Why? Beaten twice FTO and unlike RVW and Paco Bay the end of the season will very much be her aim.

Why? Beaten twice FTO and unlike RVW and Paco Bay the end of the season will very much be her aim.

They'd be keeping her to last year's campaign if they were solely thinking about the end of the year - I do not think they would be bringing her to Royal Ascot unless they thought they had her fit and well to run to form.

Zacinto is relatively dark and is with a master at bringing them on.

This isn't just with hindsight because I was against him big time today but when I think of Stoute and all the older horses he's been a master of most of them seem to have been middle distance animals. Maybe it's selective memory I dunno.

13/8 Rip
13/8 Paco Boy
10/3 Goldikova

Swap Goldikova and Paco Boy and I reckon you're spot on. Goldikova was absolutely awesome last year at Deauville in the Marois. That form looks pretty much bomb proof to me.

If the three all turned up in the Queen Anne, it would be definite sick day material anyway.

All at their best I would back Goldikova, but I dont think she will be ready for Ascot.

Rip Van Wikle is a very nice horse, he was carrying 8 pounds less because he was a 3yo and that the wfa scale.

All at their best I have
Goldikova ,135+ for her JLM and 129+ for the Astarte.
Rip Van Wikle136p for the Eclipse and 135p for the sussex.
Paco Boy 132+ (yesterdays was his best race so far), 129+ was his previous best.

I don't think 9.5f will be her trip Ardross - she gets a sex allowance off both Rip and Paco Boy and I'd find it hard to see either of them being good enough to win two Breeders Cup Miles.

Would be Goldikova all the way for me provided those prices Gearoid quoted are available on the day.

She ran well enough in the Prix de Diane though IS - just the marvellous Zarkava in front of her .

Yeah maybe it was the ground last year but she flattened out pretty rapidly inside the final 1 1/2 furlongs though the horses in behind her in the Diane were no great shakes - Gagnoa was Oaks placed in Ireland after and Proviso had to wait till March this year to record a win at the top level (in the US).

There is a lot more kudos in winning the Queen Anne than the d'Ispahan though - especially given the opposition. Anything over 3/1 factors in her not being 100% anyway and I don't see why it's seen as more of an issue for her than it is for RVW.

Paco Boy looked fantastic yesterday but he was beating pretty ordinary horses by Group 1 standard and will be overbet given the impression he created in the race and the fact that he won the Queen Anne last year.

The opposition is what brings it kudos Euro - it was a Group 2 5 or 6 years ago. If they wanted to win at Royal Ascot they could run her in the Windsor Forest - if RVW re-routed elsewhere IMO there'd be little extra to be gained from winning the Queen Anne other than being a "G1 winner in 3 different countries".

It's very easy to have faith in a mare that good, the dodgy part of the bet (and I haven't put a lot on for this very reason) is not knowing how motivated the trainer is to get her in A1 condition for the race.

Back