Longchamp Sunday

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

I know a lot of members follow French racing. Mark my card for tomorrow so I can go on the beer, please.

Gearoid,

Fwiw, I think Genius Beast is a bet at 15/8 or bigger.

I think Golden Lilac looks solid in the 1000. Outside of her, I'd give the AOB filly a chance each way at 20s from her draw.

I think WB is the worst priced favourite of this race since I've started following racing. Glasweigan is the most solid, but I think Fabre could have a very good day with Modern History. I also think Barzalona is on a very nice horse for Godolphin (good to see they are doing away with stepping them up slowly via conditions races).

I like Imperial Rome a lot-I can't honestly say if he will be good enough to win this but at 16s I don't mind paying to find out.

Last edited:
Impressive win for Golden Lilac - sat right behind the pacemaker (who's stablemate was dead last).

Doubles still going though and narrowly missed out on placing with Nova Hawk :(

Golden Lilas

anyone knows if there is a supplementary entrie for the Coronations St?

thanks in advance

Gearoid,

Fwiw, I think Genius Beast is a bet at 15/8 or bigger.

I think Golden Lilac looks solid in the 1000. Outside of her, I'd give the AOB filly a chance each way at 20s from her draw.

I think WB is the worst priced favourite of this race since I've started following racing. Glasweigan is the most solid, but I think Fabre could have a very good day with Modern History. I also think Barzalona is on a very nice horse for Godolphin (good to see they are doing away with stepping them up slowly via conditions races).

good winning fav there Hamm..well done

Golden Lilac was very impressive. Really in command a long way out and another possible star addition to what is developing into a more interesting season than usual

Should be good for further too.

Last edited:
I see they're rolling out the excuses for WB despite saying how they had him perfect beforehand... perhaps as good a 7/4 lay there will ever be in a classic.

What price was Wotton Basset in the place market-was at the inlaws for weekend -decided on the 20 minute walk to back Imperial Rome and ended up catching Nantucket Bay and a couple of others.It's nice getting paid out in cash.

Thought Hanagan got the fractions all wrong on WB, no use blaming the draw, he went off too quick for me. The winner looks smart but can't see him getting anywhere near Frankel. Moore didn't cover himself in glory on Imperial Rome either.

Harsh on Hanagan I think - once they had decided to get across and make the running there was always the chance he would be too free .

One of the reasons why high is a poor draw at Longchamp is because it is so hard to track to the inside without shooting your beans in the first half of the race.

I think Hanagan should have realised this and gone off a little slower.

Yeah I think that's out of order on Hanagan. I don't think he could have ridden the race any differently. WB is clearly a free going sort and falling out of the gates and dropping in last would have required a huge performance to win as well.

As John Gosden pointed out, being drawn wide over a mile at Longchamp is a massive disadvantage of the right hand turn coming so early. The worst thing hanagan could have done was sit midfield and hang out wide the whole way..

I backed WB by the way and knew this would happen I just thought he would have enough to win. He was just a little free for the first 2f and that might have cost but I also think 1 mile will be the very limit of his stamina on breeding.

I'm quickly becoming a huge fan and Hanagan and Fahey and desperately wanted them to win yesterday. One stable who's horses usually look to be trying!!

Back