Lost

Oi! What's age got to do with it? :angry: I bet James has been like this since kindergarten! "Oh, good lord no, I don't drink that school milk muck. I bring my own Chateau Rose Bonne Leche, imported from France, y'know..."

Please don't get him on the subject of school milk, Jon - you just know whose name will crop up and then we're liable to a tirade of political abuse!

Don't expect too much from series two. You won't find anything startling out. They have at least 8 series of twists and turns.

before the finale, where they remain lost.

Surely, the flaw in the programs premise is surely that the aim of the islanders is to get off the island, but once they do, the program ends.

If that's not the aim then its just another soapy drama set on an island. I was interested for the first half hour of the first episode until they introduced the monster Polar Bear that was living there. I get the feeling that the writers stumbed accross a good idea, got themselves a tv program, and dont really know how to write themselves out of it.

Originally posted by Garney@Jan 18 2006, 08:47 AM
I get the feeling that the writers stumbed accross a good idea, got themselves a tv program, and dont really know how to write themselves out of it.
I read somewhere that the writers have enough material for another 20 series, so I cannot imagine anyone leaving the island for the forseeable future :lol:

It's an opinion. Lost is great. Thanks for the Ares tip Griffin - I also now have all ten of S2 on DVD also.
Garney - your point is valid but as the story progresses, the point is not for them to get off the island, but rather work out what exactly the island is....I think ;)

I think you are right Markee, but that's the writers problem, and instead of being some pseudo-realistic situation that the characters are dealing with - its the wya the first season was acted and directed - its where something can happen out of nowhere - God comes down and rescues them - and so its not really an island its purgatory, or its the other side of a wormhole or blah blah blah. Might as well be a cartoon.

Watching the last couple of episodes of the current series last night, it felt to me like some sort of fairly sophisticated computer game!

Originally posted by MarkEE@Jan 18 2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the Ares tip Griffin - I also now have all ten of S2 on DVD also.
I thought I had too, but when I got to episode 10 realised it'd been labelled incorrectly and was infact the first ever episode. So I tried again, and this time ended up with series 1 episode 7. And then again, this time an episode of Desperate Housewives. Yesterdays attempt brought me a film with subtitles :angry: Might try again later, I will not be beaten by the idiots :angy:

Just saw Episode 11 of season 2. Defintely getting very interesting. The past two weeks episodes have been some of the best Lost's made.

Back