Man Of Iron

20 horses in that race. Might be a good idea to cut back on the maximum number of runners. There could be a disaster waiting to happen on that tight track.

Had no sooner posted then the money piled on.I got on at a little over 100/30 betfair sp was 9/4.He has a certain amount of gameness.

The RP analysis of the race identifies him as a potential pacemaker.I could see him having a future in America.

I was there to see him in the flesh and he looked beaten when headed by a couple of them about 2 out (I wonder what price he went in running). The uphill finish definitely helped and he won easily in the end. It was a pretty moderate maiden but they might get another race or two out of him when stepped up in trip.

Breeding! You'd think it would follow that super horses would make super sires, but that doesn't always translate. Songsheet and I bought REACH THE WIND i/f to AGNES WORLD, bearing a first-crop filly. At that time, he cost $65,000 a pop, which we fortunately didn't stump up. What a disaster. Sold the foal for enough to see us free and clear of the mare and give us each a small net profit, and then we waited for the super-star to emerge. And waited... we'd sold her to the Sheens, obviously trained by Laura Mongan. I gave up asking after her after a year had elapsed: open knees, growth spurt, knees still not closed, another growth spurt. Finally really bad colic, although the knees had closed by then. Finally... aged FOUR, the little dear emerged for a debut at Lingfield. Finished some 30l off the penultimate nag, which was well adrift itself at the time. One more run - same result.

AGNES WORLD - Prix de l'Abbaye, Japan Cup Sprint, $2m in prize money won... and rubbish!

Horse might have a future Stateside -did it well tonight.I thought he was ridden for a place last time out.It will be interesting to see if he races again for Ballydoyle.

He is entered at the Autumn Horses in Training Sales at Tatts - along with Set Sail and Grand Ducal to name but a few.

Interesting to see if they pull him out of the sales or he gets sold to an American trainer?

Back