Man Of Iron

Interesting to see if they pull him out of the sales or he gets sold to an American trainer?

Could see him having a nice future in the States. I read somewhere that Michael Tabor was moving some of his horses from O'Brien's yard to a trainer in California. Maybe this horse will follow the same route. He is very well bred.

He's moving a few of them to Simon Callaghan who's setting up over there Powerscourt - think Totally Devoted was the one mentioned in the Post.

Yeah they do Gareth - he's had a few good ones for him, Magistretti the best of them in recent years so maybe he'll start to diversify the US string, send him a few of the Pletcher 2yos?

Arco Felice is a two year old full brother to Man of Iron. Don't know where he is being trained currently.

Better Than Honour is now in foal to Street Cry.

Tabor bought her for $2m, sold her for $14m.

Edit: that's what Wikipedia reckons, but I think her ownership was more complicated than that.

Edit 2: It was - Coolmore bought her at the sales for $2m, she was then sold privately, and then fetched $14m at the sales when her owners dissolved their partnership.

Man of Iron sold to Dubai interests.

Would have been interesting to see how he would have fared in the Belmont this year had he been trained for it.

I would see him as a dirt/aw horse.He has improved all year and I would have given him a future in America.
Just thinking back I had a nice ew bet on him and 33s against Mastercraftsman and reading that the jockey thought he should have finished 2nd instead of 4th was irritating.

Can't believe I've not come in on this thread. This was the race of the meeting for me, I'd backed him heavily to win and I ended up standing infront of an Irish guy who had also backed him for the race and it was a great moment cheering him on, thinking he was beat only for the result to be announced and cause the two of us to go absolutely crazy infront of some American who'd backed the second to win....

There's a great photo on RP Pix of his victory which I'm thinking of buying.

Back