Heart Shaped
Heaven Sent
Mad About You
Maoineach
Monivea
Rainbow View
San Sicharia
Totally Devoted

Anyone know what the story is with Cuis Ghaire? Seems to have disappeared.

Does look very poor in fairness, its very hard to have an opinion on any of them, i wouldnt be rushing out to take the 11/10 on Rainbow View either.

Has Rainbow View done something spectacular of late? Can't seem to find a top class run from her for 11 months.

Has Rainbow View done something spectacular of late? Can't seem to find a top class run from her for 11 months.

To be fair she has run respectably mostly on ground she detests and her last race was the best rated of the season (and second best of her career) when runner-up in the Group 1 Nassau. With even a bit of improvement (and she is apparently flourishing of late) she should be very difficult to beat given some cut.

Fair point Steve I just don't see why she should be favourite over a horse like Again who if there's any rain will be proven on the ground and has good winning form this season and Heaven Sent who hasn't had the best year but has been running ok. 11/10 just seems remarkably short.

Fair point Steve I just don't see why she should be favourite over a horse like Again who if there's any rain will be proven on the ground and has good winning form this season and Heaven Sent who hasn't had the best year but has been running ok. 11/10 just seems remarkably short.

Considering she hasn't actually won a race this season, you also have a fair point. I can't give up on her now though, just as she may be coming good.

An awful lot of money lost on Rainbow View this year. She will have to be bigger than 11-10 in the build up.

Heaven Sent
Mad About You
San Sicharia
Again
Heart Shaped
Monivea
Rainbow View (first time cheek pieces)
Totally Devoted

There are indeed better 11/10 shots than this (Fame And Glory at 7/4 for the Irish Champion for example). That doesn't mean that against these she won't win and win well.

She'd be called all the names under the sun if she hadn't been such a talented two year old. How people keep faith with her, I have no idea.

Again is a comedy good bet against her and I'd rather back Mad About You e/w against her too if 8 runners stay in, she seems to enjoy the Curragh.

I thought Heart Shaped would have a better season than she has had, she looked fantastic at Newmarket and like she'd improve, alas not.

She's only disappointed because people had such high expectations of her. She's run on going she mostly detests this season and still has solid Group 1 form. She surely has the beating of these even on this season's form in the book. Even with the slightest improvement (which surely can now be expected) she must take all the beating by these second line opponents.

She's been put in her place in numerous Group Ones now and I'd much rather side with the three year old who has won a race this year and won it well in similar conditions.

I can't see where the improvement is going to come from, if anything, she's more likely to regress after a tough season and a very tough race last time out. The more I look at her, the more I think about heavily laying her.

I would not back Rainbow View - as she has been beaten many times - but equally it is such a weak looking Group 1 that her form is pretty close to the best of them so I would not lay her either.

I would say I am not sure a track with a short straight like Leopardstown will really suit her.

She's been put in her place in numerous Group Ones now and I'd much rather side with the three year old who has won a race this year and won it well in similar conditions.

I can't see where the improvement is going to come from, if anything, she's more likely to regress after a tough season and a very tough race last time out. The more I look at her, the more I think about heavily laying her.

The improvement will surely come from getting the ground she wants.Her highest rating of the season was also her most recent. This suggests continuing improvement. Plus reports that she is so well she couldn't miss this.

There are other fillies in the race with arguably better and more recent form ie. Again.

Would much rather take the O'Brien filly over Rainbow View.

There are other fillies in the race with arguably better and more recent form ie. Again.

Would much rather take the O'Brien filly over Rainbow View.

I don’t get this at all. How can Again finishing 20 lengths 7th of 10 behind Ghanaati at Ascot on June 19 (rated 75), be arguably better (or more recent) form than Rainbow View finishing a couple of lengths 2nd of 10 to Midday at Goodwood on August 1 (rated 116)?

That's a ridiculous comparison as Again was never going to handle the fast ground at Ascot that day.

That's a ridiculous comparison as Again was never going to handle the fast ground at Ascot that day.

That may be so, but how is it arguably better and more recent form?

Again has never run to a rating in her career up to what RV has achieved even this season.

Last edited:
Back