Melbourne Cup 2008

Its overcast, with expected showers. Don't rule it out Power, Melbourne is known as the city of "Four Seasons." One minute its freezing and pouring with rain and in about an hours time, it will be the sunniest day on Earth.

I am excited about today. I am spending the afternoon, 12:30pm onwards at a client function overlooking the Harbour!

I have a very strong feeling that Honolulu is going to be in the shakeup and might even beat Septimus. So many horses in the race have never run let alone won over the distance. he will be able to keep clear from his wide draw, can handle most gorund, and will still be going when most of the others have cried enough.

Currently 7 for a place, I've taken some of that; and also backed Barbaricus for a place to a bit more at 5.6.

Have a small win bet on Septimus too - tho wish I'd waited til tonight!
Can't go down and watch - I'm in a training yard and can't wake everyone up! - but can't sleep either :( til it's over, will have to just watch BF prices!

Anyone know where I can see a text commentary?
I can't get atr on my laptop, it's a mac :mad:

A little description will be much appreciated LOL
I'll be able to see the bare result on Betfair - but that won't tell me very much!

I've backed Septimus but not for very much - I'm starting to get a feeling about Bauer though!

But did I back him, even for a place - did I hell :rolleyes:

Can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what happened there??!!

Last edited:
Terribly nice of Derrick Smith to spend all that money and O'Brien all that time to set up a proper 2 mile test for the locals, and a cracking finish to boot :)

Coolmore tactics just too fast ..unbelievable just like breeders cup turf ..

It was quite bizarre for a team that has got it tactics right all season.

It is the sort of race to leave its mark on a horse as well...no wonder they are keeping Yeats in training, Septimus will need a year off!

Last edited:
Was he placed? I can't find any results anywhere and you guys aren;t telling me very much LOL

Back