Gwanako
Nacarat
Natal
Newmill
Petit Robin
Scotsirish
Takeroc
Twist Magic

Imperial Commander to confirm form with the Ryanair principles?

Remember how VPU turned the tables on Master Minded last year? Can see him doing the same with IC.

VPU really belted the fence coming down the hill - as Uncle Goober's wonderful pics showed - but he was running on at the end. Wouldn't want soft ground, though.

I feel that IC would need a good lead to hold off a late charge on a level track as I suspect he doesn't have much in the way of a turn of foot.

VPU was well below form at Cheltenham - back to his best I would expect him to turn the tables comfortably.

Does anyone think Nacarat has a chance in this, if he runs?

I think his connections are eyeing the King George for him next season, so he'll have to run well here (or in the Totesport Bowl).

tidal bay although the form of johnsons slight worry. would have run the principals close at cheltenham but for a very very very tender ride.

I would not be surprised to see Nacarat run well in whichever race ED misses. The horse has shown massively improved form for AP

I was just checking some unsettled bets in one of my accounts and I'd forgotten that I backed Voy Por for the Order of Merit. I've paid no attention to it this season but it seems he has a darn good chance of winning it now.

A clear round on Friday and he's sure to be in the points.

:cool:

Do you mean the race at Ascot? It was a sorry race for a Grade 1, I agree. Twenty points for that win.

The Nacarat performance was very impressive and he`s had a bit longer to recover than the Chelt horses. he will do for me.

I'd be wary backing Voy Por after that run at Cheltenham. I think he's off the boil
I think it's between IC and Nacarat and I'll be doing a you-all-know-what

While I respect Nacarat I think VPU is better suited to Aintree than Cheltenham. Whilst he has won twice at the festival the QM he won was not a vintage renewal and the 3/1 (ish) Nacarat is skinny IMHO.

Much better value Petit Robin stepping up in trip.

Agreed, I'm not sure Briareus liked being 'bullied' by AP whereas Nacarat rtuns really well for him - Briareus may rund better this time. But I still think it's between VPU and Nacarat, and I'm favouring the latter. As we've remarked elsewhere, Alan's horses tend to go off the game in the long run... I wonder if VPU isn't another who's fallen out of love with it

I'm in Tidal Bay's corner myself. Came from the clouds at Chelts, which he had an interrupted preparation for. If he's back to himself it will be some battle between him and VPU.

Tidal Bay for me - Reg Regan gave him far too much to do, it was like he'd fallen asleep coming down the hill only to fly home. Horse has an excellent record at Aintree too :)

Briareus was done by the extra half mile at kempton when 4th in the King George behind kauto. In truth he was one of those who threatened to lay up with him for a bit, before fading out of it. I still think he'd have beat Petit Robin if he hadn't come down in the Champion Chase as that one was tiring badly, yet Hendersons horse is half the price. My own suspicion is that 2 miles is too sharp, and 3 miles too far, so today is probably right his range. Admittedly he seems to perform better going right handed, but on a flat track with decent ground he's all but got his conditions today and 20's looks decent value to me. My suspicion is that he's got one big'un in him, and today looks as good a chance as he'll get.

Think Mirage Dore will place too at the longer trip over hurdles and would have won the Coral Cup with a bit more assistance from the saddle. The horse has been compensating for the jockey, but on a flatter track, on better ground, at a trip further (staying hurdles are normally quite slowly run) I suspect the combination that got him beat at Chelters might not be quite so potent today.

In fact an e/w double at 20's and 11's makes some appeal

Back