Melling Chase - Aintree Friday

I put up Giles Cross and Time For Rupert on another forum as the likely improvers which would both go on good ground in the 4.55 - and which won at 50/1 without my e/q on it - arrgghh!

I'm on Megasue on the last e/w - good stakes for me. I think she's been saved for this and will love the going

Great performance from VPU to win from the position he was in 2 out.We all rave over horses winning on the bridle but that was some performance today.

Agreed, and Paddy Brennan said before the race that IC is the best horse he has ever ridden. Was in no doubt he would win the race.

I don't think that VPU is in the same form as he was last year either DO. Choc was plain he was flat out from before the home turn .

I'm not aftertiming here...because I put Schindlers up before the Ryanair as well. I've had my biggest ever place bet win on SH today....on Betfair. Not sure if I feel unlucky cos of the mistakes, probably the second last was significant.

Very underrated horse now at his optimum trip. Just couldn't see him out of the frame. My stake in the place market was ten times the size of my win bet - didn't think he could beat all of those.

Certainly, he was very unlucky the year he missed the Arkle......

Back