Moment In Racing

Great thread btw. It isn't just the result that is special, there is often a defining moment in a race that you will never forget...

Banks Hill, the instant when she quickened in the F+M, Denman as he powered round the final bend at Cheltenham, Flint River as he toyed with My Bayard on the Wolverhampton straight....

Fond memories....

mention Tingle Creek to me and all I see is Geraghty looking around before the pond fences....

Many moments good and bad. Best most recent was Ebaziyan in the 07 supreme Novice jumping the last and going between horses. Every price from 200 and stupids down.

Dublin Flyer was a favourite, anytime the 'Braq ran. Bobbyjo in tha National.Wonder Bell in Cork. Pilsudski so long ago I can't remember the race but he was 9/1. Timarida in the Champion stakes. Galileo first time out in Leopadstown...............oh and I can't leave out the two mile chasers, the flagship and the flyer.

Last edited:
That half-second of realisation that Hawkwing was pulling clear. Everything else behind beaten in an instance.

It should have been Dalakhani's Arc but I didn't go because of the weather :(

The moment you knew Spencer had held up Hawk Wing too long in the 2000 Guineas (He won the Division II in fairness)

The moment Istabraq came back hard on the bridle in his third Champion Hurdle. After all the drama about the “nosebleed” the night before, Swan rode the horse more cautiously and hard against the rail. After jumping the last he needed to ride the horse slightly to grab the gab up Blue Royals inside. The moment he gave him even the smallest of squeezes he quickened up back on the bridle and Simon Holts call of “Istabraq’s quickened up smartly on the inside and is poised to challenge” is another “moment”.

This is one we have mentioned in a few threads every now and again in the years since but not one that comes to mind straight away. Another thread reminded me off it. I watched it at home without a bet, I did not bet too much that time. I found myself roaring this one home. He got up by a neck to win the race for the third year running. He got a magic reception.

Anyone guessed it?

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/result.sd?race_id=274824

Back