Most Disappointing horse?

You'd have to say My Way de Solzen was disappointing when going over fences.

I'd say Dunguib has been disappointing when you consider what he did last season and earlier this season.

Rather than being a disappointing horse, I think it was disappointing that Fethard Lady never made it to Cheltenham despite being an unbeaten Grade 1 winner.

Last edited:
Well I'll never get over Youmzain not winning that Arc having backed him at 95 so it would have to be him/that race.

Still love him though!

Do you know how she is doing at stud?

Went to Graham Wylie's place. Her sister was on sale last week at the Derby sale. Not sure what she made. Colm always said Feathard was a cert for an Irish Champion but that Inca would beat her at Cheltenham. We never got to find out. It would have been very very close. And to think I had her at 20/1 to win the Deloitte only to be injured a few days later!!

Well I'll never get over Youmzain not winning that Arc having backed him at 95 so it would have to be him/that race.

Still love him though!

It was an outrageous decision not to demote Dylan Thomas - on the rules he clearly should have been placed behind Soldier of Fortune.

Black Jack Ketchum (no burnt fingers)

Price paid compared to achievement then The Green Monkey and Gungadu have to be well up there in the "most disappointing" stakes.

Garruth as well in the Barber colours that disappointed badly.
He was the originally Findlay/Bloom horse - HF unofficially the purchaser and ran first for Barber and then Bloom in a career which went down the plughole pretty sharpish. I remember Harry saying it would be worth paying £175k just for the information he'd get from the Nicholls yard!

Back