Murtagh at Ballydoyle

I find it very difficult to believe he will be given the chance to make a mess of it again.

Who made a mess of it the last time? Spencer for being young and making mistakes or O'Brien for employing a jock that was clearly too young and inexperienced. As I've said before, Ballydoyle has benefitted over a long period of time from having older, experienced jocks at the helm, whether Kinane, Fallon, Piggott, Reid, Asmussen, Eddery, Murtagh etc. The one big error was plumbing for someone too young.....Spencer....who made mistakes because he tried too hard. He is now older and wiser and I think he fits the mould.

Would he go back to Ireland and not see much of his ankle-biters? I'm assuming he and his wife are now thoroughly sundered, but he has come to ride at Lingfield with two of them holding his hands on occasion. He would have to think of losing contact with very young children, which might be hard to bear, no?

Last edited:
Cantoris -I can't remember the benefits of employing Asmussen.

Cash was class lads!! He would be wonderful for you betfair junkies - would have been there for a lot longer bar his "indiscretion" too I am told...:whistle:

Last edited:
I heard rumours of an indiscretion.
I remember the days before S.I.S. listening to commentaries on rte radio -could Cash get another odds on shot beaten.I believe he still isn't welcome in the Naas area.

A significant stake in Cape Blanco has been sold to Friti ? Hay -who I think pays Spencer a retainer.Interesting.

Spencer was in Ballydoyle because Fitri Hay has allegedly paid 7 million for a 50% share in Fame And Glory and Cape Blanco. The Dubai World Cup night entries make a lot more sense now.

Spencer was in Ballydoyle because Fitri Hay has allegedly paid 7 million for a 50% share in Fame And Glory and Cape Blanco. The Dubai World Cup night entries make a lot more sense now.

What is Fame and Glory worth now?

Has she ever had a hurdler?

Having travelled well to 3 out on debut he seemed to find very little for his conditional jockey (the same happened on his next 3 starts and a rating of 118 was arrived at)

I think Cash was a bad jockey, one of the most overrated since I follow the sport.

Spencer that year a dissaster, and he doesnt have even now the head to bea jockey for such a good stable.

The probem is now there is not a good one free.

McEvoy and Dettori with the sheik, Ryan Moore will not leave Stoute,
Soumillon or Lemaire are risky ones and will prefer to stay in France.

Murtagh out.

The only ones would be Queally (unlikely to leave Cecil ,especially with Frankel) and W. Buick would be the best solution but is too young and can prefer to wait one more year with Goden supporting.

Funny because there now seems tm be no need for one. Heffernan won the year on a points decision form Joesph O'Brien.

Back