Murtagh at Ballydoyle

seeing how Stoute stable has done in the last 2 years I imagine Moore will be Ballydoyle stable jockey next season

If he is does that mean Joseph will not be riding?

Getting too heavy is he not? Surely another winter under his belt and hel be 3-4lbs heavier and not an option for a lot of the rides??

Moore may consider it now seeing as Stoute has had such a poor year.

We could end up with a Ruby Walsh type arrangement I reckon. It's going to be hard for Moore to say no because Stoute hardly has any group 1 animals - Has he won one this year?

My point is O'Brien and Moore seem comfortable with the current arrangement so why should Stoute having a lean year mean he should or will jump ship? Stoute won't stay quiet for long.

I think 2 jockeys are the ones destined to reign in coming years:
Moore and Buick

one will go to Godolphin and the other to Ballydoyle

About Moore
the question is not if he will be happy like he is , the key is Magnier will be happier with him as a stable jockey than he is now with the situation.

Joshep Obrien is destined to be a top trainer.

O'Brien's weight has stabilised. He could be like Manning who really struggled with his weight when he was younger but the older he got the better his weight became. I can see O'Brien doing it for another year. I don't see any point in changing the format at the moment, although So You Think's ride in the Arc may have changed their mind.

Heffernan's ride on So You Think was probably no worse than Murtagh on Fame And Glory in the Arc. If you're right about Joesph hanging around than it makes Moore going full time even less likely.

Last edited:
Coolmore are desperate for Moore - their three current jockeys are all competent but second division .

Will O'Brien be eligible to ride as an amateur over jumps once he packs the flat game in? JP on an AP trained bumper horse sounds like something to drag us out of this recession!

The Independent report this morning that Moore will leave Stoute to become Ballydoyle stable jockey from next season.

RYAN MOORE, the three-time champion jockey who has missed a large part of the 2011 season due to an injury, has reportedly confirmed that he will be riding as stable jockey for Aidan O'Brien next season.

Rumours that Moore would leave Sir Michael Stoute for Ireland began this time last year, with several big race successes throughout the year adding fuel to the fire.

Now it is reported in The Independent that: "Ryan Moore has confirmed his intention to leave Sir Michael Stoute to ride as stable jockey to Aidan O'Brien next season."

REPRESENTATIVES of three-time champion jockey Ryan Moore, who has missed a large part of the 2011 season due to injury, have denied reports that he will be riding as stable jockey for Aidan O'Brien next season.

Rumours that Moore would leave Sir Michael Stoute for Ireland began this time last year with several big-race successes throughout the year adding fuel to the fire.

And the rumours escalated to new heights on Friday when The Independent reported: "Ryan Moore has confirmed his intention to leaveSir Michael Stoute to ride as stable jockey to Aidan O'Brien next season."

But Sophia Brudenell, spokeswoman for Johnno Spence Consulting, who represent Moore, denied the connection.

"We represent Ryan Moore and Johnno [Spence] spoke with Ryan today and he is unaware of any offer to become the next Ballydoyle stable jockey," Brudenell told the Racing Post on Friday morning.

"Rumours have been circulating for the last couple of weeks but a move is very much not on the cards at the moment," she added.

"a move is very much not on the cards at the moment"... a lovely piece of gobbledegook... the art of hedging a definitive statement.

Back