Navan Sunday

Guest_

At the Start
4 entries in the 58,500 Grade 1 and 8 in the Grade 2 worth 32,000....I know its close to Christmas but surely there are a few from Ireland and the UK that could be challenging for these prizes.

Shocking turnout Gal - the Somerset, Lambourn trainers don't seem to want to look any further north than Haydock when it comes to running their top class horses let alone look at running in Ireland pre-Punchestown Festival.

The clash of Pandorama and that French Mullins horse could be interesting. Looked like a horse with plenty of pace the last day.

Mikael D'Hautgane. Both are entered in the 4yos hurdle too Gal.

Also see Cooldine entered in the Beginners Chase - surely a mistake down at WP Mullins?

Mikael D'Hautgane. Both are entered in the 4yos hurdle too Gal.

Also see Cooldine entered in the Beginners Chase - surely a mistake down at WP Mullins?

The French horse cost a fortune and is very highly rated by the Mullins camp. He may be taking on a monster in Pandorama but it should be a very interesting contest.

I am intrigued as to how they will bet this? The last day people were value hunting against Pandorama with Alpha Ridge despite the fact that Ridge was giving weight to the Meade horse. Pandorama was generally 8/13 on the morning of the race.

This time around it is quite possible that Pandorama will be 2/5 - 1/3 for the race and he is giving weight to what I would consider a much better horse than Nolans.

Pandorama may well win this in the style of the next Carvills Hill but I will not bet him at the prices which are reflective of the excitement that he has generated among the racing public on his two outings this season.

Think the 2/5-1/3 ball park is a fair assessment to be honest. Difficult to know how they'll bet it as won't want to be giving too much away on a potential Mullins star IMO though can see this developing into a match race for sure.

Welcome to TH by the way Distant View :)

Welcome DistantView

Cheers guys,

I will do a brief self-introduction later this evening on the appropriate thread.

Cantoris has mentioned the site to me a few times and was talking about the race sponsorship to me last night, so I thought I would look it up and register.

There you go, the race sposorship generates its first new member!

Welcome, DV, no doubt we'll be meeting at Navan next month.

Look forward to the intro even if I won't be at Navan :)

Not sure about the Navan race day as it clashes with the Dr McKenna Cup final on the 24th. However in the unlikely event that Monaghan are not continuing their dominance of Ulster football, there is a very good chance that I will be there:D

Cantoris has mentioned the site to me a few times and was talking about the race sponsorship to me last night, so I thought I would look it up and register.

Well I had to change the subject when I told DV that his horse wasn't going to be running this weekend!!

Padorama verus Mikael D'Hautgane would be highly informative. Mikael D'Hautgane was backed like defeat was out of the question last time out

Only just noticed that Pandorama has to give the Mullins horse a few pounds as well. If Pandorama is too short I think the Mullins horse is worth a chance.

Is Donna's Palm running? It would be a bit of a bummer if he won, but if he was well beaten it would be time to start getting excited.

I was impressed by Mikael D'Haguenet last time. Really quickened nicely away from the last. The runner up that day, Realt Dubh, is well thought of by the Meade yard and his bumper form behind Luska Lad looks solid enough, though he apparently needs better ground.

Aura About You is a decent mare in her own right as well. The Royal Bond wasn't run to suit her at all but beating Vital Plot by a couple of lengths isn't bad form by any means.

On the subject of tissues again, I fully appreciate that the irish-racing.com tissue has be in a couple of days before the card but there's three runners in this and they manage to put the Mullins horse in at 8/1? That's fucking shocking IMO.

Last edited:
Saying that, the 16's being offered by PP about the Nolan mare looks too big as well. Be interesting to see how they bet without Pandorama tommorrow actually.

Great run in an egg and spoon race by Mikael D'Hagunet.

Not overly keen on the ride given to Pandorama - knew that Mikael had a turn of foot yet failed to even attempt to ride the finish out of him. The result was never really in that much doubt.

I think we have too very good horses. I only fancied the Mullins horse on the basis of wieght of money the last day but Pandorama lost nothing in defeat.

Back