New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya Alicia.
Glad you could make it, was wondering about which username you'd choose :) welcome and get stuck in.

Martin

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@Apr 25 2005, 08:58 AM
Heya Alicia.
Glad you could make it, was wondering about which username you'd choose :) welcome and get stuck in.

Martin
Hey Martin,

Yes I *eventually* arrived. Nice to talk to people, whom actually speak my type of sport. None of this NFL, NBA, NHL and NASCAR.

Some good rugby union, rugby league and soccer talk, more of my cup of tea.

~Alicia~

yep.
Get on over to Other Sports and general chit chat for some general chit chat and post about the new flat season if you can hehe and erm let us know if Fasnet Rock will win at Royal Ascot :) and Stagecraft is over here too with Luca Cumani i think :)

Hi - just thought I would take time to introduce myself.

Screen Name: Ballydoyle

Hobbies: Racing (duh!), riding (which I have recently taken up again!), movies, reading

Nearest Course: mmm tricky - quite a few! Sandown, Newbury, Kempton

Courses Attended: Sandown, Newmarket, Kempton, Newbury, Plumpton, Ascot, Goodwood

Fav Flat Horse: Lochsong

Fav NH Horse: Desert Orchid

Contact: feel free to contact me via MSN (amand01a@hotmail) for a chat! Always glad to speak to likeminded racing fellows!

Other trivia: I also am a member of a SIM racing game called "photo-finish" and my web site for that game is www.freewebs.com/ballydoyle / I am not related to THE O'Briens of Ballydoyle but my fatherinlaw was born close there and visited the original V OBrien several times!

Heya Amanda
Another of my friends signs up, i should be on commision :)

Good to see you get on over here it last.

Martin

Sorry Amanda, I liked your idea of introducing yourself, so i borrowed part of your format:

Screen Name: Grand Armee (and have several others at other forums)

Hobbies: Horse racing, Clay Target Shooting (Shotgun .12gauge), watching DVDs, rugby union, rugby league, etc.

Nearest Course: Randwick - 45 mins

Courses Attended: Randwick, Rosehill, Bundall (Gold Coast), Canterbury, Warwick Farm, Doomben, Newcastle, Kembla Grange, Scone, Nowra, Gosford.

Fav Flat Horse: Dizelle and Venegance of Rain, both full relations and both Group 1 classic winners. Dizelle for the Melbourne Cup, and hopefully Venegance of Rain for the Cox Plate. Also don't mind the South African Greys inn, oh and toss in Silent Witness.

Jumps Horse: Don't follow jumps racing all too much, but probably Karasi.

Other trivia: Full time insurance claims assessor for an underwriting agency. My latest craze is shooting a gun (yes beyond weird).

Er, right... I think we'll be very, very nice to you if you visit the UK, Grand Armee. :o However, Songsheet on here hosts game shoots from time to time, so if you've got shotgun skills, you could join her in popping off the occasional peasant. Or even pheasant.

Welcome to you both, Amanda & Alicia - great to have a few more of the fairer sex on board - some of these guys need keeping in check over here!

Hello, I am new here, .

I enjoy horse racing but to be quite honest I have never beaten one :huh:

Seriously, my name is Mark, I am from Wolverhampton, I have been interested in racing for well over forty years.

My favourite races??? the ones that you win from of course LOL,
I would probably plum for The Eclipse and Glorious Goodwood.

Some of you may know me from another racing forum, others may not,

Other interests??? well, we keep parrots, we have five in total.
I enjoy athletics, I used to enjoy football but not so much these days.

I am married, we have three sons, two in their twenties, the youngest being nineteen.

Hoping to participate in the future on this forum.

All the very best,
Mark.

Hi Mark - good to have you on board over here. How are the birds? Mine is going through another temperamental stage at the minute - she can't get enough water on her at the moment either - jumps straight into her water bowl every day to bath & seems to want me to stand next to her cage all day long spraing her with water!! :confused:

Welcome aboard Mark

Originally posted by mark@May 18 2005, 10:13 PM
Hello, I am new here, .

I enjoy horse racing but to be quite honest I have never beaten one :huh:

Mark.

I assume you mean bet on one :o

I used to be an athlete in the good old days.

Loved the mile event my best time was 4min 33 secs on grass.

I should have been gelded after that :o

Welcome again and look forward to you posting.

Hi to everyone new :)
Sorry if some of you had to wait to get your memberships approved but I've been busy - all up to date now. Just approved a couple of names I recognise from other forums too :)

Originally posted by Powerscourt@May 18 2005, 10:35 PM
I assume you mean bet on one :o

Hi Powerscourt
My comment about never having beaten a horse was a joke (perhaps a rather bad one :shy: ) it is similar to me saying I race pigeons but I have never beaten one, means the very same. I like horse racing but have never beaten one :D

My favourite miler of all time was Seb Coe, shame he went into politics :rolleyes:

Shadow Leader - glad to see you here. Yep our birds are suffering spring fever too, and can't wait for sprays so often jump in the washing up bowl :o not to mention one of our birds spends most of her day trying to attack our new addition of a kitten!

Look forward to chatting with you all

Mark

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have been trying to upload mine own avatar but for some reason it won't let me. I have tried to upload a pic 64 x 64 from my pc but it won't allow it. Would appreciate any advice - thanks.

Mark

Any friend of Shadow's is a friend of ours... can't help you on the avatar, Mark, since I'm so technocrap someone else put mine up for me. There are folks on here who change theirs more often than they change their socks, though, and I'm sure someone will help.

PDJ will be ecstatic to have another midlander on board. He takes some serious stick about living in Brum, so a Wolves companion will be much appreciated! Looking forward to your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back