Nicky Vaughan sacked by Michael Owen

did any of you watch the "Conspiracies" Documentaries on TV sometime ago?

they really showed how it was so easy to convince yourself that something was a conspiracy

the first 45 minutes of the show was taken up by by buliding the conspiracy - the final 15 minutes they blew the conspiracy away completely - after 45 minutes you were believing the theory completely

The Titanic one was a cracker - the "evidence" pointed to it being the sister ship that went down and that it was an insurance scam - sister ship had flaws in it and they wanted to get a full pay out - so they sent that one out making out it was the Titanic etc

The two ships did have differences in design though - one of the bits they dug up definately proved it was the Titanic that went down

EC1 - Well this further shows the Betfair case for what it really was. Marketing works on the same principle doesn't it? People have a tendancy aswell not to wish they had been duped and magicians work on this, i.e he ensures everyone is looking at the left hand while he carries out actions on the right. Left and right brain functions come into this I believe. Hind sight is also a splendid thing especially when looking foward and works on the every action causes a reaction principle.

Ok, Toobe, you win. Hilariously funny windup, well done you. Now can we move on without any more ridiculous theories?

EC1 - Well this further shows the Betfair case for what it really was. Marketing works on the same principle doesn't it? People have a tendancy aswell not to wish they had been duped and magicians work on this, i.e he ensures everyone is looking at the left hand while he carries out actions on the right. Left and right brain functions come into this I believe. Hind sight is also a splendid thing especially when looking foward and works on the every action causes a reaction principle.

i'll need time with this Toobe

I wonder how many of Tom's 100-odd horses will make the move up to Cheshire.

I wonder how many of Tom's 100-odd horses will make the move up to Cheshire.

Most are going up I believe. Some have stayed down while owners make their minds up. Those owners who def want to stay local have gone to other yards already - 2 or 3 to Al Lidderdale's the best of which is Gross Prophet, dec to run at Goodwood on Wednesday, Dwyer riding. He's been there a few weeks I think (I've not been down).

Back