Novice chasers 2013/14

Completely 100% right about my two selections:

Felix Yonger should have been in the Arkle

Wonderful Charm needs three miles

No excuses for FY,didn't jump great.They haven't campaigned him the best this year.he and CF should have been switched,easy with hindsight.

Last edited:
Euro, your point is more than valid, I don't disagree with it but Felix Yonger is as soft as shite. Would be a great horse to lay at short odds.

At risk of aftertiming, was very surprised at 9/1 this morning. Always had an engine and Jonjo was very bullish. Used to think he needed soft going but seems to be not an issue. If he just took his fences a little more adroitly would be quite a horse. Unfair to say so, but wonder if Mccoy relaxes him enough at fences?

Blinding week so far.

Last edited:
Looking at the market for next year's Gold Cup I see Morning Assembly quoted at 40/1. He stayed on well yesterday and that seems big. Champagne Fever not quoted.

Good performance by the winner. Fair play to Double Ross aswell as I thought he was just a decent handicapper.

I do think Felix Yonger was in the wrong race, but heyho we'll never know. Think the 'soft' comment is wide of the mark.

Last edited:
How did Shutthefrontdoor win an Irish National ? After his jumping in the 4 miler I am surprised he got round let alone won.

Word was that Jonjo was disgusted with Ninas ride in the 4 miler. Barry Geraghty just seems to have the magic touch at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back