Novice chasers 2013/14

Got within 4L of Felix Yonger on his second chase start and was a graded-winner over hurdles.

Absolutely entitled to run at the Festival.

Got within 4L of Felix Yonger on his second chase start and was a graded-winner over hurdles.

Absolutely entitled to run at the Festival.

I get your point, but Felix is probably a stone better on better ground, and made a Horlicks of one fence. Amazed he finished aswell as he did to get 2nd.

A good run from Mozoltov on Sunday and I'd expect him to go for the JLT. Gigginstown have Trifolium in the Arkle and Don Cossack in the RSA, and I think they'll run both Mozoltov and Bright New Dawn over two and a half.

Other years they might have waited for the Powers at Fairyhouse, but Easter is late this year so they'll probably go to Cheltenham with both.

Last edited:
Djakadam to place behind Wonderful Charm. WC carried a 7lb penalty and only beat 1/2L by Oscar Whisky-Graded hurdles horse= top form.

Bit disappointed in Mozoltov's jumping today - he'll need to do better at Cheltenham - but love his attitude and enthusiasm for his job.

His jumping was very poor alright but I'd say he gave himself an awful fright at the first which probably contributed to later mistakes.

I see Mallowney is running tomorrow 3:50 Leoparsdtown. Different silks... Anyone know any details about the change of ownership?

Interesting little race. Moscow Mannon currently 7/4 fav in the race. Looking at the form through Ned Buntline, Mallowney would have MM held by 4 lengths (Would be 10 lengths but NB conceded 6lbs to Mallowney when losing to him).

Bit of 5/2 about tonight for Mallowney - looks a great bet imo.

The line through Ned Buntline is difficult to asses as Moscow was first time out. More significant is that Mallowney was the better over hurdles although Henry seems to get a lot of improvement once sent chasing.

Agree DH that Mallowney is a good bet, he has more chasing experience 3s would be a good price, Mount Colah is also a danger thiugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lto Mallowney was left in the lead way to early and was a bit keen. Agree it was a poor run, probably his poorest completion to date. But that race was after a fall and i think the ground was a good bit heavier than it'll be tomorrow. He just didn't travel through it...

I'm more than willing to forgive Mallowney that last run. I also think Mallowney is a Spring horse. This time last year he had 2 successive wins in late Feb & early March (Beating MM by 7 lengths & Impressively too - while giving him 3 lbs!). The forecast Yielding ground tomorrow will suit him perfectly.

He'll have too much speed. If he stays up he'll win!

Last edited:
Happy to look a donkey but i think the race fell into Trifolium's lap and don't rate the form. I have gone for the 3 high class hurdlers.

Back