Novice Hurdlers 13/14

Lots of talk of Mullins saying Vautour is in a different league to Faugheen, where are these comments? Also who was Ruby referring to when he said someone told him 'Faugheen was the reason they get up in the morning' If Vautour is better and Briar Hill is meant to be their best novice then what are we going to witness on Friday?

Lots of talk of Mullins saying Vautour is in a different league to Faugheen, where are these comments? Also who was Ruby referring to when he said someone told him 'Faugheen was the reason they get up in the morning' If Vautour is better and Briar Hill is meant to be their best novice then what are we going to witness on Friday?

Asked to compare Faugheen with his Supreme victor Vautour, Mullins added: "Vautour is a different level."

was faugheen's work rider

really not sure on briar hill personally and i'll be opposing him on friday. form lines through azorian indicated vautour/faugheen way superior. and i'm not sure on the bumper form either.

if he does hack up the rest may as well pack up and go home. :lol:

The thing with Briar Hill is he's never impressive. Seems to make hard work of it and only does what needs to be done, rather than pissing up and looking impressive. I think he's properly good.

I backed the other two Mullins novices but I'll be opposing Briar Hill also. His form is not as strong as theirs was.

Of course he's shortening because Faugheen and Vautour went in but part of that price is because Patrick Mullins has been running his mouth off.

Correct bear.Cant believe it is Evens at the moment.Kings palace is the play here.Briar Hill hasn't overly impressed me this season.If he clouts a few Friday he won't get to KP imo.

Need to watch again some of KPs races but Captain Cutter a huge ew play at 9s. I don't know does Briar Hill have much better form than him.

I've backed Briar Hill AP and Captain Cutter is the one that worries me. I thought he would have run in the Neptune.

The British form is giving me a headache. I think I'm coming down on the side of Captain Cutter, though only just.

Briar hill is way too short IMO. Up against a horse who has course form, greatly impressed each time and stable in form in kings palace.

Briar Hill has hit a flat spot in nearly every race he's run in,he won't be able to do that today.Neck on the line I don't think he will be good enough to pass KP

Hmm. Maybe Briar Hill was as good as P.Mullins was saying judging by that race. Mullins may just have the 3 best novice hurdlers by some distance.

Ok...........well he's beaten the 1st and 3rd. That surely suggests he may be the top 3 mile novice around.

I am well aware this kind of logic doesn't always pan out which is why I was careful in my choice of words.

Ok...........well he's beaten the 1st and 3rd. That surely suggests he may be the top 3 mile novice around.

I am well aware this kind of logic doesn't always pan out which is why I was careful in my choice of words.

not sure about this..lets say that Hurricane Fly had been pulled up in the Champion Hurdle...using this thinking would say he that he may have won the race as he has beaten Jezki twice before

Last edited:
Back