Novice Hurdlers 13/14

not sure about this..lets say that Hurricane Fly had been pulled up in the Champion Hurdle...using this thinking would say he that he may won the race as he has beaten Jezki twice before

OK lets use that logic for the same horse when Go Native won the Supreme Novices.

Lets go back to my original comment. That Mullins may just have the best three novice hurdlers (Vautour, Jaugheen & Briar Hill)/

Is this a massive leap of faith or a reasoned argument using logic we all use to try and determine the winner of any race, i.e. form?

Let me ask you this. if he'd not been entered today and the same field lined up again in a months time over 3 miles how do you imagine the bookies would price it up?

i can see where you are coming from..but whether its that reliable is open to question..yes it will be correct some of the time

its also possible that todays winner has improved..who knows?

I know Very Wood clearly relished the 3 miles . Aspell going far too soon helped as well .

Briar Hill have him 10lb and a beating . He fell too far out but form suggests he would have hacked up .

Some nice races in Fairyhouse tomorrow, Wicklow Brave running in an interesting novice hurdle, 6/4 on offer. Must spell that Willie isn't going to run him against Vautour in Punchestown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two and a half mile should be a good race, Apache Stronghold, Azorian, Lieutenant Colonel, Rennetti and Upazo all go. Apache Stronghold and Rennetti look the best horses but neither have run since Christmas so it should be interesting.

The two and a half mile should be a good race, Apache Stronghold, Azorian, Lieutenant Colonel, Rennetti and Upazo all go. Apache Stronghold and Rennetti look the best horses but neither have run since Christmas so it should be interesting.

Two things interest me here.

A) who wins
B) who makes best chaser

Hoping Apache is at least one of these

Last edited:
Fair to say WPM has the best novice hurdlers across the board after today.
Not averse to running them against each other at this stage of the season either.
Imagine he will run 4 or 5 in every novice at Punchestown as per usual.

Back