Novice Hurdlers 2020/21

The Mossey Joe purchase was on another level bonkers. 200k for a 11yo Hunter Chaser. Ran five times without winning.

Coquelicot was probably towards the top of last season’s UK bumpers (those we saw...) and looking forward to her at Fontwell this afternoon. No idea if she can jump a hurdle or how forward she’ll be with no clues from any other Honeyball stablemates, but interested to see how she goes

Very poor from Coquelicot. Weak in the market & never looked to be enjoying herself. Could have been fitness, ground, just not good enough or a combination, but still disappointing...

Very poor from Coquelicot. Weak in the market & never looked to be enjoying herself. Could have been fitness, ground, just not good enough or a combination, but still disappointing...

Difficult to take anything positive from that. Rex Dingle has probably never had to work so hard ! Even half fit you’d have expected her to at least look the part.

Yep, I was on the Cheltenham Zoom call last week and he was heaping praise on him, something along the lines of the most impressive bumper winner he'd ridden...

I was hoping he’d be good.
Suprised there hasn’t been more hype about him tbh, given the name and connections. Nice to hear such glowing reviews though.

Good to see someone send Mouse a big money prospect given his luck in recent years. Indiana Jones looks like a nice one.

Last edited:
Cormier for Brian Ellison entered in the Greatwood, having won two maiden/novice hurdles well this month. He beat one of Skeltons who franked the form when winning at Cheltenham next time out.

Looks like an open Greatwood, Ellison knows how to send a horse down for it, (remember Nietzsche?).

For all the money he has and has invested Barry Connell has little to show.

He's even training his own now and has one at ballinrobe Saturday

Didn't Barry (Have to) be assistant trainer for a certain time, maybe HRI rules,

expect some improvement in the horses soon.

He's had 4 wins and 5 places from 23 runs since sending out runners in his own name.

The 2m novice hurdle this afternoon as Exeter is usually won by a good one (Yanworth, Sporting John recently) and today I reckon it will be Nicholl’s Bravemnasgame. He’s short enough but was clear 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] at Chepstow to Jonjo’s smart Soaring Glory and that should be good enough today, even without any improvement

The 2m novice hurdle this afternoon as Exeter is usually won by a good one (Yanworth, Sporting John recently) and today I reckon it will be Nicholl’s Bravemnasgame. He’s short enough but was clear 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] at Chepstow to Jonjo’s smart Soaring Glory and that should be good enough today, even without any improvement

Agree, but 4/6 a bit rich. Dal Horrisgle Is an interesting runner - could be anything.

Soaring Glory declared at Newbury Thursday

He does Ben. He's the type that Nicholls will look after this season, and he'll make a very nice novice chaser next season.

That also paid a very nice compliment to Soaring Glory. Jonjo is overdue a nice novice hurdler and he may well have one.

Agreed and didn’t realise until the race a. how much he cost (£300k+) and b. he's part owned by John Dance, who I thought was flat only...

Looking forward to seeing Soaring Glory again Thursday and having had a quick glance at the card, giving a penalty away to Amarillo Sky, Danehill Kodiak (100+ on the flat) and Dusart will be no gimme. Hopefully he's a backable price!

Back