Midday
Dar Re Mi
Tartan Bearer
Fleeting Spirit
Sariska
Paco Boy
Twice Over
Delegator

That list wont have me longing for spring anytime soon. Fame And Glory already 11-10 with me for the Tatterstalls Gold Cup.

A Tattersalls GC no doubt with one overrated Weld hotpot, one 105 rated horse and one pacemaker. This and the Ganay surely can't hold G1 status much longer (Lockinge going the same way).

You cheated! I replied before you edited. Sariska would be the one Id like to see. She will have all sorts of options open to her.

A Tattersalls GC no doubt with one overrated Weld hotpot, one 105 rated horse and one pacemaker. This and the Ganay surely can't hold G1 status much longer (Lockinge going the same way).

When was the last time Weld had a runner in the race?

You cheated! I replied before you edited. Sariska would be the one Id like to see. She will have all sorts of options open to her.

Sorry I wrote just a couple then had a proper look and a few more came to mind!

Goldikova (50-50)
Rachel Alexandra

The Ganey and Tattersalls Gold Cup have had a couple of good renewals of late.

Both Dylan Thomas and Duke Of Marmalade beat some subsequent Group 1 winners in their respective Ganeys.

In the Tattersalls Gold Cup Duke Of Marmalade beat Finsceal Beo while the previous year Notnowcato beat Dylan Thomas and Youmzain.

A Finsceal Beo who was very much on the downgrade. Youmzain over 1m2 with not much pace on is barely a 110 horse. I take your points though, but there needs to be more depth of quality. Easy pickings if you get one ready for it.

Just to be clear - I'd drop the Ganay before the Irish race.

The Isapahan and Lockinge - surely one of these needs to be downgraded?

There has to be some encouragment to keep these older horses in training - no harm having these Group 1s to prep them for Royal Ascot and the summer racing.

Stacelita is interesting in that if ever a horse was going to do well physically for a bit of time it is her. But it does not always work out like that with fillies.

Great to see. Hope they avoid the fillies races altogether with her and take in an open programme with her - would be great to see. How far do you need to go back for a better miler (I still think there could be more to come)?

Back