One To Back & One To Lay

I am also going to be getting against Sweet Kiln. Maybe the place market is the place for me to do it.

I think she has been over-rated, and there are a lot of decent mares against her.

Her reputation has been forged by beatings against Rosaker, Adamant Approach Ebazaiyan (heavy ground over 2m4f) and Powerstation.

Not for me.

Originally posted by Galileo@Mar 4 2008, 12:01 PM
If she reproduces her form against Aitmatov she must have a decent place chance.
... or the form with Jazz Messanger. A mid 140s performance will come close to winning this.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Mar 4 2008, 12:02 PM
Heads, I have heard that Chomba Womba is going in the Champion Hurdle.
Thanks Colin, I haven't had a back in the mares' race so far - only because CW was too short!
If she's not going I'd have to back Gaspara with a run - she's been saved this year for Cheltenham as opposed to her busy season last year, and I fancy her chances in this one!

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Mar 4 2008, 01:02 PM
Heads, I have heard that Chomba Womba is going in the Champion Hurdle.
You haven't read today's RP then - the one in which Fitzy names Chomba Womba as his banker of the meeting ~ in the mares' race.

In fact I want another lay - it escaped me for some reason the first time around. Lay of the Festival ~ Harchibald. (again)

The only concern with Sweet Kiln at the moment is that she is just that little bit short of fitness apparently - has a workout on Friday

No I haven't read today's Racing Post, Shads, but that doesn't alter the fact that I had heard that she was going for the Champion Hurdle.

I had a word with one of Henderson's staff at Newbury on Aon Chase day and he didn't deny it when I said I had heard a rumour to that effect.

The fact that someone had been making inquiries about the mare's price for the CH was the impetus for me asking the question.

It would appear that it was all crap anyway.

Mickey Fitz would know, wouldn't he, and I've just been told she's gone out to 1000/1 for the CH. :shy:

Originally posted by Melendez@Mar 4 2008, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the forum WelshWizard1973.

The sad thing about Inglis Drever is that you have to lay him at about 13/8 (last time I looked). I'd happily lay him at 5/4, but 13/8 is heading into the grey area for me.

And what happened in 1973?
1973 was the year of my birth.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Mar 4 2008, 04:46 PM
In fact I want another lay - it escaped me for some reason the first time around. Lay of the Festival ~ Harchibald. (again)
People obviously aren`t factoring prices into these selections.

Back